I hope everyone had a wonderful time celebrating their Father's, Grandfather's & main men in their lives today. I feel incredibly blessed for the men who are in my life that have helped shaped the person that I am today. My Dad always worked hard to give us the life that we deserved even if it meant being on the road more often than he'd like to be with work. Some of my first memories were our bedtime rituals after bath time; he'd layout my one piece jammies with the zipper from foot to neck out on my floor like a bear skin rug. He'd zip me up and grab me up by the zipper (stomach) and swing me back and forth until I launched high into the air and into bed. I'd comb and part his hair, pretending I was a hairdresser and I'd pick out which 'style' he was getting that night while he told me bedtime stories about when he was a little boy. Most of them revolved around growing up on the farm, or his brother Mike, who was killed. Dad can tell the best stories, he always painted a clear picture and each story always ended with me asking 100x "Tell me another story about when you were a little boy, Dad!!"
He supported my athletics both financially and in guidance, always coaching my sister and I's softball leagues. Some of my favorite memories with my Dad were those summers we played for the Phillies. We'd spend many weekend hours fielding balls in the yard or celebrating wins with ice cream trips. He had a love for Camero's and I loved riding in his! I was barely seen in those low bucket seats with the T tops off singing 'Bad Company' at the top of my lungs. He was the coolest person to me, HA!
I always say that he deserves a purple heart with putting up with 3 women in the family; even both dogs we've had were female.....
Here's to you Dad, the best one I know. I love you more than words can express & I am so grateful for all that you do and all that you are.
xoxo,
Andi

No comments:
Post a Comment