Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

OCTOBER RECAP

Holy October 25th--HATE that I've nearly missed my favorite month of the year. This month I've been cooped up in a training room in Bethlehem, PA for work learning about Vascular Access products, Pain Control and IV systems- oh my! It was one of the most challenging things I've had to endure in my life, no joke. 8a-5p with nothing but clinical education and product information to them immediately regurgitate to a clinical panel for evaluation and grading. Only to hit the hotel for more studying as every morning there were tests and MORE product presentations in front of the class. I Survived.

As you all may know, I originally intended to go to Nursing School and be a NICU nurse until I had to work on cadavers in Anatomy (or had to take 100 math/science courses for that matter). Looking back, now that I'm in Medical Sales, had I gone to nursing school I wouldn't feel so foreign to the lingo and what most of the products are used for and why that makes them important to the clinicians. Honestly I think I would have been a loaded gun by now with the combination of medical AND sales experience. But, I'm learning. I'm challenged daily & I'm surprising myself at how much I'm actually retaining. Who knows, maybe I will go back someday and get my RN's license on B. Braun; never know. Good news is I'm finally in the position i've aspired to be in all these years, so nowhere to go but up on the knowledge ladder but MAN this stuff is intimidating sometimes. Luckily, I"m surrounded by nurses both in the field and in my family. Between my sisters Megan, Steph, Paige & Kimi-- i'll figure it out eventually.

In between my 15 days in PA I had the chance to schedule two really fun weekend jaunts in between the training weeks to Lexington, KY for Ashleigh's wedding as well as to New Haven, CT to see Kelly Cox, my former college roomie & cheer mate. Both stops were just what the rejuvenation doctor ordered.

Ashleigh was a close childhood friend of mine that was like another sister to us during my years living in Lexington, KY. Her mom used to drop her off at our house for the summers as my sister was our 'babysitter'. Megan and her best friend Tiffany used to basically harass us all summer; they are now fond memories but they weren't always at the time. Ash and I would do pageants and modeling competitions at the house and play 'MTV's lip service' and see who could remember all the words to the songs. My sister always had me win the competitions and contests she judged, poor Ash probably still has scars from those days- HA! The wedding was really special because she asked my Dad to marry her; and he used my sister and I's exact same sermon/vows. It was really special to be a witness to her and her husbands exchanging of those vows. When she cried saying them it made me cry remembering how special they were to both Megan and I as well. They got married on a vineyard after we spent the day at Keeneland Horsepark & the reception was in this old vintage barn-- very Kentucky, very cool.





After training I drove through NJ and NY to CT to see Kel for two nights; New Haven is pretty fun actually. It's definitely very eclectic as he lives down on YALE'S campus. Lets just say the people there aren't quite like the people on OSU's campus. Lots of theatre, smarty pants and MD's bee boppin around the bar scene which makes for some great people watching. We went to Gypsie for a little Karyokee on Friday night; when we left a Possum ran down the sidewalk next to us and almost into the bar. Shit you not; I nearly died. Absolutely petrified of those things and they continue to haunt me to this day!!! I mean, how does that happen?!?! Saturday we went to a YALE football game, the weather was perfect. That night we went to a friends for a bonfire relax fest and I woke up and made the drive back to PA to fly home. So good to see Kel.







But, SO GOOD TO BE HOME! There's no place like home <3 My honey got the house spic and span, cooked dinner and left me a so so sweet chalkboard love note.

 

 
 Missed my boys.

xo,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment