Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Why I blog.

Maybe I was a little late to the whole blog world, when some people began to get "over it". I began blogging because I enjoyed reading about what was going on in others lives, decor tips and DIY tricks, as well as the fact I simply love to read. There are people I follow that I know personally, and those I feel like I've known for years due to this site but have never actually met. Most of the people I followed in the beginning haven't blogged in months or years, but along the way I've picked up a new blog or two to follow that I enjoy reading over my morning coffee or as I wrap up my day in bed via iPad.

It seems like now-a-days, the Instagram and FB world have taken over and less & less people want to actually write or do anything more than instant gratification of a quick upload and 20+ immediate "likes" or "comments". I'm still one of those old timers that sends hand written "just because" or "thank you" notes, and at least once a quarter I write (or receive) a special love note from my hubbs. Sometimes I think to myself "holy crap! Our kids are going to grow up with/without {insert here}" and it makes me super sad. For example, have y'all heard of the new app called "Tender"!?! There are currently men & women, throughout the globe, who can simply turn on their iPhone location and see other people in their surrounding areas, wherever they may be, and "smile" at eachother then immediately begin chatting {think aol} about meeting up for sex, etx. Apparently, right now at least, it's known for the instant booty call & not formal dating-ish like other sites {match, eharmony, etx}. I mean, call me blue haired, but WHAT THE HAY! Seriously? How in the world do future generations even have a shot at a normal life.......

Anywho, I blog because I enjoy reading others shares. Quite frankly I wish the people who used to blog kept blogging, I miss y'all out there {you know who you are}. It's like the people who Instagram but have no pictures... Petpeeve! It's like, blogging withot giving back to us bloggers who enjoy reading what you have to say. I blog because I find it therapeutic, even if I didn't have a sole out there that crossed this pages path, and because well, quite frankly my memory sucks. If I didn't have chronological order of my life's events they would all jumble and make 0 sense {another reason why im a picture-a-holic}. My close friends would agree that more than likely ill end up in some looney bin asking who you are & how I got there at some point because I'm only 30 and already rely on them for recall. I blog because these pages hold lives stories, and well, because I don't want to be a creeper and never give back.



Xoxo,
Andi

1 comment:

  1. You know how I feel about traditions and the sentiment of days of yor. Times they are a changin, but that's what makes you one of a kind. Because you can insty or post a blog, but send a sweet card like no one else. Hold onto that quality, instill it in your kids and they'll be better for it. 38 days til alumni!!!!

    ReplyDelete