Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Bring it on 2014!


2013 was kind to us in many ways. We were blessed to sell our home at asking price {for sale by owner} within 30 days. That process, albeit stressful, couldn't have gone any smoother. Blair received a fantastic offer on his new position and although the change & newness of building a basketball program has it's stressors, he's never been happier. Makes it all worth it. We are still "in transition" from 2013 as we enter 2014 while waiting for our house to be finished, but we have so much to look forward to & be grateful for!

In reflection of 2013, my one word to sum it up is GROWTH. I have had to grow more mentally through personal challenges than ever before. I never realized how much stronger it truly makes a person to have no other choice but go through obstacles & dig deep to find solutions that work best for the 'self'.  Until this year, I've been fortunate enough to struggle through small hiccups in life {breakups, moves, family distresses & drama} but I have never had to deal with a situation that I had no other choice but to have patience and faith in. I've always been able to make a Gameplan and work my butt off to accomplish results. In reflection, I have to say I'm very grateful as this year has made my faith stronger, my relationships deeper, my patience larger & most importantly, the ability to be kinder to myself. So many quotes and motivational segments have helped me push through this year; it's truly amazing how much words can inspire. This one has been one right at the top of the list for me.


never do resolutions, but this year I thought I'd at least post one of my "Goal Boards" as it's always nice to review at years end. I'd love to hear what some of you are planning to work on this year. It may inspire me to add it to the list. 

Personal Goals: 2014

- travel somewhere new 
- strengthen faith & commit to a stronger spiritual/mediation schedule. Find a local church in our new town. 
- influence others positively 
- influence myself positively  
- learn a new hobby 
- minimize (home, office, closet)
- Top 3 in work rankings; Rep of the Year, earn company reward trip
- become more involved in our new community
- be a better wife 
- plan less, live more

I have a good feeling that this year is going to be one of the best years yet!! I'm really going to work hard to do my part to be a positive role model to myself & others. So, don't be alarmed when you see straight sunshine rays comin right outta my arse ;) Happy New Year friends!! I wish you all the absolute best year yet.  Xo.



Xoxo,

Andi 

4 comments:

  1. My resolution in 2014 is to not let the little stuff get me down, and remember that this time is about my family and their happiness. I need to leave work stress at work ... and if things aren't working out at work, then I need to find a way to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one!! So true, hard to leave work at work. Good luck, I'm sure if anyone can do it you can. Xo!

      Delete
  2. Love your list! May have to make one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, please do! I'd love to see :)

    ReplyDelete