Hellloooooo second trimester! I'm still pinching myself. This is so surreal. I'm rolling into the "safe zone"! Weeeeeee!! I'm sure you never really feel "safe" ever again once you're a parent, but I'll take where I'm at today with a big ol' Thank G we made it! {does happy dance}
I wouldn't trade where I am today for a second and lord knows I went through hell to get here, but there is always a little bit of survivors guilt in where I stand too. I have friends who I've become so close with during the journey of infertility and I still try my best to support and encourage them as they continue to fight the good fight. I've been in their seat before though and although you're incredibly happy for the other person when they cross that finish line, there's always that voice inside you that pleads with God and asks, "when will it be my turn"?! My heart still goes out to them and they are in my daily prayers. But there comes a place and time where you have to make peace with your past, embrace what's ahead and move forward. After standing in those shoes for way too long, day in and day out, I've come to peace with it all and can truly finally put it all behind me. I refuse to be on edge and hyper sensitive to this entire pregnancy because I finally have the chance that I've been praying for for so long to carry a child. I'm embracing every second as much as I possibly can.
I had my first trimester screen last week & this little nugget was rockin and a rollin! Seriously, so active. It was great to see it's legs moving, one foot crossed over the other, arms behind it's head, it even turned its head to the side to give the camera a big smile for Mom! It's so funny b/c prior to being pregnant I'd look at peoples U/S pic and think to myself "how does she think that's CUTE??! It looks like Bejamin Buttons, or an alien baby"!! Now, I see it and am smitten kitten. My husband can't even make a face out of the pic. Lol! I guess what they say is true, "it has a face only a Mother can love" :)
We are getting pretty close to make our big public reveal and I'm so excited to surprise everyone who doesn't know. I still can't believe some days that this is my life right now, I feel like I'm living a dream. I'm so thankful! There's no better time than November to reveal our {little} blessing from God.
Xoxo,
Andi


No comments:
Post a Comment