Let me just tell ya, this is pretty dreamy everybody. When we built the house, the only thing that came to mind for this open space off the kitchen was a reading nook/sitting area and/or an eat in kitchen banquette. It turns out, it can be used for both (and I also may or may not bring down my laptop from my home office and work from here in the future). It's view is of the back yard/open field nature preserve and the views are much better than the grey wall in our second guest room slash office. This room is right off our kitchen and flows into our living room whereas our dining room is right when you walk in the front door. It's a little more private which is nice for special events, but in the end, I think we'll use this eat in space daily. We have bar stools and seating now in the kitchen on the islands we eat at half the time but there's something scary about the vision of a bumbo chair sitting on a swivel stool that just doesn't sit right with me ;)
I think I've taken 100 pics of it, and now sit on the couch for my coffee just to have view of this pretty new addition. I'll be hanging the deer/elk antler light fixture to bring in the rustic element to the room I love, and I need to have a custom bench pad made + add lots of colorful cozy pillows. There will be two chairs added on the non bench side and some curtains over the sliding back doors when I find the fabric I like, but all of that aside, the biggest {hardest part} is DONE! We loved the one I built in the nursery so much that we figured we'd do {and by we I mean me-- ugh, my husband is NOT handy} one in our eat in kitchen + a bench door to lift for storage. I figure this way, when people come to visit I can shove all the kid toys into the hutch, out of sight, and make my main floor look like it has it's shit together ;) Genius eh?
I did learn my lesson here though. My sciatica hurt so bad after 8 hours working on this Saturday that I couldn't even WALK. No joke, I put myself on bedrest at 6:30pm and didn't MOVE again until Sunday at 8a! Lord, never again. I'm accepting help from here on out b/c that ish was PAINFUL. My mind is still working at the pace of a non pregnant person toting around 25 additional pounds.
Here are some before/during/after pics. I'll update once we have it put entirely together, but I'm allowing myself a few months leeway to get the rest done :) It's such a simple project, if you have interest feel free to ask for the 'how to', I'll share!
BEFORE : BORRRRING
![]() |
| 2 of these bad boys will be facing the banquette: love love love! |
If you have any great fabric sites or drape sights you've had luck with for pillows and seating and such, I'm open for suggestions. But, the vision is slowly but surely coming together. Hope you all had a fun, relaxing and productive weekend as well {sans sciatica pain}!
XOXO,
Andi







No comments:
Post a Comment