My Sweet Girl,
It's been one month that I've somehow kept you alive, fed and seemingly happy! As they say, time flies when you're having fun. Truthfully, this has been one of the best, craziest, happiest, most tiresome month of my life. At first I had an adrenaline that kept me on a Mama High 24/7 and I didn't understand what people meant when they said how exhausted you'll be as a new Mom. 30 days in while finally feeling the effects of a C section, I get it. As tiring as it is, there is nothing sweeter than you needing me and me alone. I know this won't be forever so I'm embracing every second of it. Not only do you need me because im exclusively breast feeding, but you clearly know my voice, smell and touch over others; even your Dad. It's hard for him as he wants to console you the way I am able to. While I know that will happen in time, I secretly love that there's no one more than me that you need right now.
I stare at you in awe everyday. Your strawberry blonde hair, your little lashes that flutter and your big grins you get when you're dreaming all melt my heart. Your furry arms and back and tiny little fingers and toes are so kissable, I won't ever get enough of them. You look exactly like your Dad (thankfully, as he was one cutie pie every phase of childhood whereas I went through many awkward ones). We hear it every where we go! But what not many people see unless they spend all hours with you like I do are the parts of you that are just like me. For starters, you are one fiesty little chica! When you want something, you want it now and there's no stalling you or distracting you from getting that. You see my sweet girl, that's half the reason you are in my arms today! I hope you'll never forget how much I had to fight for you & how much I had to endure just to get you here. There were many "no's" I ignored to get to "yes", but I never lost sight of you. Well sometimes I did, which naturally happens when life throws you lemons, but not for long. It was always back to the drawing board, never ever giving up on you. I always knew it wouldn't be easy, but that it would be worth it, and that you very much are.
You kick and punch and climb up my torso with that fiesty spirit of yours when you want fed and as hard as these nights are to get up and feed you every 2 hours (or less) I can't help but smile at your moxy & know that it too took that same fight within you, to get here. Someday we may tell you that you started as one of two in my belly, and the second baby "vanished" {never developed but stayed as a mass of cells the entire pregnancy} while you held on strong. You too, like me, weren't ever going to give up, even with all that was thrown at us along the way. You even helped me out by coming eary when I truly couldn't carry you a day longer. We make quite the team sweetie beatie & I hope we always share this bond. I can't wait to see what's in store with your little {big} spirit next month and beyond! To see you grow and thrive & accomplish milestones together, and apart, make me so proud. Every second with you is a blessing & a joy.
Happy 1 month Adlee James! Mama loves you more than life.
Xoxo,
Mom



:*( Such a moving letter from Mom to baby. Love this. Feeling all the feels...
ReplyDeleteAndi! you're such an amazing person and new mommy! I just discovered this blog while creeping on your Instagram and I am in LOVE. this is so precious it made me cry! keep doing this- I know Adlee will really appreciate it when she's older:)
ReplyDelete