Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

6 months with Adlee



Ladybug,
You are half way to one year! On one hand it feels like I was just being wheeled into the OR to anxiously await those first sweet cries of yours, and on the other hand it's as if you've always been ours. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think how lucky I am to call you mine. That's the thing about spending years wondering if you'll ever get the shot at that one thing you want so badly. When my dream finally came true, and I became your Mama, it put the rest of my life into perspective. Nothing seems as important as it once was. Work isn't as frustrating, and the "big picture" in my life has become much clearer. Regardless of how tired I am, how sore my back is, or how little time I have for myself, it's all still SO joyous because I never knew if I would have the opportunity to be a Mom.   Even the hard days are good days because it's easy to reflect back to all the times when I hoped that my dream {you} would become reality. Now that my reality is here, I look at things differently. Life was wonderful before of course, but since you, it's gotten a whole lot sweeter!
I haven't ever really believed in coincidences. I've always thought of them as "God Winks", or messages from our higher power. When we were trying to conceive you and my faith was becoming slim month after month of negative pregnancy tests, I had two very vivid dreams that I would become a Mom. Never once did I believe they were at random.
 In one dream, I was walking behind a little girl (you) and her Poppy (my Dad). I could see you two holding hands while walking down the side walk laughing and being silly. The little girl had long blonde hair & kept saying to her Poppy "Nooo, I'm Carty. You're not Carty, I'm Carty". And he, as your Poppy Carty, kept repeating "Noooo, I'm Carty"! And she would toss her head back and laugh and laugh. I tried to catch up to you two to see your face and right before I got to you, I woke up. For awhile we thought we may name you Carty, it worked for both genders, and since we were waiting to find out (although I was nearly certain you were a girl) it made sense. In the second dream, I could physically feel myself giving birth to you and the entire room yelled "it's a girl!!" I woke up with tears running down my cheeks. The dreams were so vivid and so real, I knew one day I would be a Mama. I just prayed it would be soon
The story of how you got your name came from a "God Wink". It arrived just before we started our IVF cycle. I was reading the blogs I follow one morninng and stumbled upon one of a friend/photographer and her recent clients shoot. We just had our IVF consultation and I was feeling pretty anxious about it all when I opened this post.and saw an adorable thick blonde haired baby with the cutest cherub face named Adlee. First off, she looked really similar to me as a baby, and obviously, I loved her name. After reading the story about Adlee finally finding her way to her adoptive parents, I was in tears. The blog went on to talk about how Adlee's Mom and Dad had struggled with infertility for years and went through all the treatments possible only to have failed results. Finally, after several failed adoptions as well, they got a call that a baby girl was just born & available if they wanted her right away. It was the moment that made me realize that all of this is out of my control, my moment of surrender. I knew however & whenever you'd get here, that you finally would, somehow.
During our IVF cycle, I channeled & repeated the name "Adlee" to myself for every painful shot, retrieval, transfer and acupuncture session throughout that cycle. I envisioned you being created for me in heaven at that very moment and put a name to those prayers. And that my sweetie is how the name Adlee came to be yours. It encompasses the hope and belief that I kept in my heart all those trying days that I prayed for you. 
You were sent to us in His always perfect timing. The "winks" were there all along. Sometimes they are loud and sometimes you have to listen real hard for them (and be patient, that's the real hard part). I never knew that His creation would be as beautiful as you. You are definitely worth the wait!

Happy 6 Months My Babygirl. I love you so!
 
 

XOXO,
Mom







No comments:

Post a Comment