Turns out, blogging is NOT fitting in my already narrow window of free time, ha! I planned to document this journey much like I tried with my fresh cycle, but with a toddler, full time job, basketball season (single Mom life) AND the holidays fast approaching.... ain't happenin'. But that's ok! Because this time, there really isn't a whole lot to document. If an FET cycle was what conception was all about for us, I'd have 100 cycles! Seriously, piece of cake compared to a fresh IVF cycle. I will not EVER do another (shudders). These embryo are what we have and that is final ;)
So the cycle is basically oral meds and 1 shot of Lupron daily. I'm already done with Lupron, had my lining check yesterday (everything looks beautiful!) and started the dreaded PIO shots in the booty this a.m. Next to those? Complete breeze! I've been too busy to really process what is even happening this round, which is both good and bad. It's great because the last time was just all consuming both physically and mentally draining. This time? Not many side effects at all. With managing everything stated above, I really don't have time to worry until bed. My concerns are if it will work, if it won't. Will I have another terrible high risk pregnancy? I don't look forward to being in back pain, hand numbness, weight gain, peeing all night and not sleeping as which pregnancy does to ya! But, who DOES look forward to that? Eye on the prize. Eye on the prize!!! I worry if we'll have twins (we are transferring 2 of our 3 left this cycle), I worry that we'll have none. What if they don't all make the thaw? Normal concerns I presume, but just comes with the awareness which IVF brings. Overall, I am sooooo calm in comparison because there isn't the thought of, "Will I ever get to be a Mother" floating around in my head. So I think the calm comes from the fact I AM, and always will be and nothing can take that away. Sigh of relief. However, I enjoyed having a sibling! Although I have many close girlfriends that can be considered "sisters", there is just something about having that blood relationship. SO, here's to hoping and praying this round goes well.

I know it will all pan out exactly how it's meant to be, but we are sure hoping for another happy, healthy little nug for our Christmas Miracle.

Happy Holidays to all!!
XO,
Andi
No comments:
Post a Comment