Sort of a fun/interesting story to spill the beans on how I told Blair and family that I was expecting Baby #2. So a few days before my beta bloodwork I was on the line with my gf Allie who has also been trying to get pregnant for several years with her first. She and her husband had similar issues, with his low morphology being the concern. Her husband however, is/was not a fan of seeking out any fertility assistance and felt that in due time it would "just happen". Somewhere along the lines I think he beat Allie down because she sort of threw her hands up for awhile and gave up on the RE journey as well. But deep down, she was still doing everything she could do try and conceive that baby. Sooooo... on this particular day it was the Solar Eclipse. I was on the line with her around the time it was happening and she knew I was in the TWW, so she didn't mention the fact that she was two weeks LATE until then. We were talking about if I would wait until the beta or if I would pee stick at home again, and she happened to mention how terrified she was to pee herself because of how late she was. Insert me FREAKING out because she didn't tell me she was late, and also convincing her that it would be SO COOL to find out on such a monumental day such as a Solar Eclipse. Sooooo.... I told her to get her butt to the market and get an HPT. We then hung up.
I sat there thinking to myself, "it WOULD be really cool to find out that you're pregnant today. I'm entirely too early so when it's negative, there will be no need to freak out, as I still have plenty of time before the embryo should even be excreting HCG into my system".....I broke open an HPT and within seconds saw a faint line. I stood there, well actually I began jumping up and down in sheer SHOCK, yelling, "no....no way. NO WAY!! WHAAAT??" I then got my friend Shelley on Marco Polo to show her the test and record it all while continuing to jump up and down in shock. I did NOT expect a faint positive at all. Ironically enough, about an hour later, Allie sends me a picture of her + HPT and we got to share this happy day together. Pretty cool, eh?
SOOOO... when Blair got home we began talking about the Eclipse and I told him I stepped outside and got a really cool pic of it. He's totally not expecting a thing because again, I wasn't supposed to even cheat and find out for another few days. I pulled out my cell and showed him this.....
then proceeded to text it to family members as well and surprise them. It was fabulous. Such a fun story and way to share with our loved ones!!
No comments:
Post a Comment