Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Ich Liebe Dich

There are many people in my life whom I care greatly for and love & respect to the utmost degree. I always say just how thankful I am for the people that are in my life and I genuinely mean that. I can count my closest of friends who I'd take a bus for on more than one hand (rare) and know that regardless of the scenario I can always count on them. I certainly cant pick favorites as they are all my dear lovies for their own individual and special reasons, but there is always one that I can count on being there for me day in and day out and for her I'm grateful for. Steph, you get today's shout out :)

Steph is 100% without a doubt my 'Sister from another Mister'. She is wise beyond her years, stubborn beyond belief, has the largest heart God created to Man & has a sense of humor that can keep me in stitches for HOURS (also rare). We met in high school in Westerville, lived around the corner from one another in school, studied nursing at OSU (me much shorter) together & shared inside Houston, Texas experiences while both living there (shorter span on my end here as well). KURKENDAHLLLLL!!!! I'm thankful that God has placed her in my life during multiple phases moreso than any other person on this planet, and that she will continue to, without a doubt, be around for the rest of life's blessings.

Some of my favorite memories together include (in no particular order):

- Being an honored attendee at her Nursing Gala in Houston, TX when she won her fabulous award
- Steph's grad party from her MSN degree in Houston, stunting in the backyard with The German's in town & playing Guitar Hero while downing jello shots a plenty
- Helping Steph get ready for homecoming with her now husband, Jason in HS. For some reason it still means the world to me that she asked me to come over and do her hair for her (quite the risk I might add)
- My bachelorette party in Austin, TX --mental pic of her tipsy and dancing for us all in her bathing suit poolside. CAN YOU SAY HAWT?
- Our night at the Short North condo after many a drink downtown taking pics in our 'Shot Caller' T-shirts we got for free at the bar?!!? Hilarity.
- My trip to see her recently in D.C while sitting outback in our old lady rockers drinking red wine while pondering what the decor looked like in her neighbors multi-million dollar homes
- Being stuck in hours and hours worth of traffic annoying Jason (per usual) with our inside jokes and foreign languages (this was the trip she surgically removed a piercing from my body--HA)

Honestly, there is no doubt in my mind that Steph and I were meant to be together in this lifetime and I'm just really truly honored to be her friend. She's the kind of friend who sends you 'I'm proud of you' or 'Just Because' cards quarterly and who ALWAYS gives the best Christmas Gifts (so creative). She knows just what to say to calm the nerves and is always my number one fan cheering me on when necessary. She is 100% proud of me, no jealousy and no holds bar, just 100% my better half. Steph, I love you Sister. I wish we lived closer and that you weren't in D.C--but I love traveling to see you throughout life's adventures. I wish I could see you weekly---maybe someday :) Enjoy a quick montage of some good times my friend...I hope today this made you smile.....


wine country ATX style

wedding day

Cbus visit @ Black Olive

Houston visit--mani/pedis (these seats were OOC, my tiny boobies were even shaking)!!

FOREVER ago, circa when we all lived in Texas. OSU v UT game at Texas

The day I got my 'This Too Shall Pass' ribpiece tatt

same day we went dark

Andrea's babyshower in Austin

my warm welcome to D.C!!

Serendipity-- D.C style. Us, well...being Us.

My Teet


freaks on a leash

Love you Sister!


oxoxox,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment