Well, most everyone who knows me AT ALL, knows how much I LOVE VALENTINES DAY! I'm not exactly sure how I fell victim to this Hallmark Holiday, but I have. Surprisingly in all of my 'Daria Ways' I have found joy in Valentines Day. I love that it's one day of ooey-gooey-lovey-dovieness that makes people take a moment to reflect on the loved ones in their lives & tell them just how much they care for them. What's better than that?!
Sadly my HUB had to work all day & Scout tonight on my one day off from Gymnastics, but luckily, we're both taking 'Personal Days' tomorrow for a little treat of a day together. Blair has NEVER & I repeat NEVER taken a day off of work in 8 years, so I'm feeling pretty special. Even if it is the day after V-Day.
Today has been pretty awesome. I did some work this a.m & came home for a half day to spend my Favorite Day with my babes (Casanova & Atticus) for some exercise out back in the freshly fallen snow.
| Look at that precious Snow Face! |
For Mom, I made a 'DAY WITH ME' Voucher for lunch & a movie that she cashed in on right away. So we went to one of our favorites, BRIO, for carpaccio, salads & soup. ANNNDD their famous Peach Bellini's (vino for me, gotta keep this ticker healthy)...yummo!
We saw 'The Vow' to follow which was really good... I mean, between Rachel McAdams & Channing Tatum?? YAHHH DADDY, Mannnn are they both beautiful. The movie was based on a true story which made it perfect for V-Day Love, although I would have ended it differently, I'd see it again. Speaking of movies, if you haven't seen 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' DO IT. Blair & I read the book then saw the movie. If you're a bookie, I'd read it first ( the movie is MUCH better) because it makes more sense, and you'll cry less knowing whats coming. GREAT flick. One I'll absolutely buy.
On another special note: My Main Men gave me great cards and goodies today too. Dad's was adorable & he even picked it out for me himself (dad loathes shopping more than I do). A Pandora Charm Bracelet with a pink heart charm. Card said 'For my Babygirl who has my heart on Valentines Day & Everyday'...melt. Mom got Blair & I pedi's from my favorite place for us to get together, cannot wait for those. To give you an idea, this place massages your lower legs for 30 mins, no joke. Heaven on Earth.
*Sidenote--Casanova got a Valentine pic from his gf, Sasha. Check out this babe.....
I'm a total girl on this day folks, cats out of the bag, so get it while it's hot!!
Hope you all felt loved, special & warmed somehow today. Off to pop some red with my 4 legger babes & have the remote all to myself, SANS BASKETBALL! Also a rarity. *cheers
xoxo,
Andi
No comments:
Post a Comment