Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

On the Move!

I think I've avoided blogging as of late for the mere fact that my mind is too exhausted to even formulate the fact that.... we are moving again... yes, again. Beh. It's for a good cause, as Blair got a great offer & promotion in Kettering, OH to coach the Fairmont Firebirds. I can't say that he doesn't deserve it and that I'm not proud of him, because I am. Immensely. The amount of time and effort and passion that coaches put into the game and time taken away from family and friends is only known by those close to a coach. Not to toot my own horn, but I applaud any woman who can manage/handle/put up with being a 'Coaches Wife'. 

We aren't like 'surgeons wives' or 'doctors wives' because unless you're married to the Rick Pitino's or Urban Meyer's of the world, most coaches don't make the income that doctor's wives do. And let me tell ya, I could handle my husband being away all the time ALOT easier if I were posted up in a spa, shopping 24/7, or crying in a Porche! ;) But unfortunately, coaches and teachers (in my opinion) are so under-appreciated. So, the fact that this opportunity came along, to coach at one of the best, if not the best high facilities in the state of Ohio for a large pay increase? We jumped on it! No brainer. Ok, well I pushed Blair {who is incapable of change} to jump on it, and then freaked out {on the inside} when it actually panned out. He doesn't know that I'm freaking out, as I'm good at playing the opposite of whatever energy surrounds me to make a balance, but trust, there will come a time when I'm sitting in Dayton, OH with no friends or family near me to distract during season and have a melt down. It's going to eventually hit me when I'm done planning a move and flooring it full throttle ahead to ensure all of this goes as smoothly as possible. Maybe not, maybe I will be perfectly fine---time will tell.

So, our house is up for grabs. On a positive note, this time when we build we can do everything we didnt do with this house that we wished we would have (do I sound convincing? ehhh, I tried)!! I hope we find a lot and a builder that we love as much as our lot and home now. 

He's got his work cut out for him at the school, but I believe this is going to be such a great opportunity for him to prove to the industry just how talented of a coach he is and that he was willing to step into a position to rebuild a program from the bottom up; without being at his alma matter. I'm really excited to see him shine and to be a part of a new community and program.

In the words of my fave man Van Morrison, 'it's just the gypsie in my soul' that will make this exciting for me. God knows I love a good adventure! Wish us Luck! :)

Trent James Arena, his new home 


xo,
Andi 

No comments:

Post a Comment