When we built our home, we spent our money on the structural upgrades that couldn't be changed as easily as cosmetic ones. For example, we added the extra windows in the dining room, the wanescoting, extra windows in the vaulted wall of the living room and bumped out the wall on one side by 6 feet. We also added a 4th bedroom and got the spindle stair case that we wanted. We did the pre-wire speaker/entertainment center in the mancave/family room and did the plumbing/half bath install in the basement that we'll eventually finish, etc. From a decorating stance, Dominion provided countertops that weren't exactly our style, so we had them install an el cheapo neutral countertop in the meantime, and we will wait to lay the laminate wood floors (that we warrant with having 2 pony dogs) until we find what we like as well.
My buddy Israel owns a countertop business so I've been on the hunt to find what I want for awhile and finally did. He laid them last week and they look GREAT! They are just the contrast of color that we need in the kitchen. I got busy picking out the backsplash I wanted soonafter to lay myself (dear God my arms and fingers are still aching) BUT, the final product is one that we absolutely love. I really dont think I've been as proud of myself in awhile as I was when my 2 straight days of laying backsplash concluded.
My buddy Israel owns a countertop business so I've been on the hunt to find what I want for awhile and finally did. He laid them last week and they look GREAT! They are just the contrast of color that we need in the kitchen. I got busy picking out the backsplash I wanted soonafter to lay myself (dear God my arms and fingers are still aching) BUT, the final product is one that we absolutely love. I really dont think I've been as proud of myself in awhile as I was when my 2 straight days of laying backsplash concluded.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
![]() |
| countertop close up |
![]() |
| heavenly sink installed--I can sit in it its so big (just incase that's ever necessary) ha! |
![]() |
| backsplash I chose--shattered glass + wet saw + install = gashed fingers, blood, sweat and tears. I have to say though, I have never been more proud of myself |
![]() |
| the sparkly backsplash during install |
![]() |
| final kitchen! :) |
Come by and I'll share some of my red with ya!
xoxo,
Andi








You're my hero.
ReplyDelete