Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

CRUEL {GYNO} JOKE BATMAN!

Last week I had quite the sick joke/scenerio happen while I was at my OB/GYN check- up. Serious roller coaster ride that is somewhat comical now although it certainly wasn't at the time. To back track a minute, my doctor got zonked in the head with his bike rack on the back of his car while closing the trunk a few months back and has been on bedrest ever since. He's in his 60's and they found internal bleeding in his brain due to it. Seriously, i've done it before on my SIL's bike rack/trunk and it's INSANELY painful. I concluded my stint with a nice little concussion, however the fact that his was more critical with his age, he has been out of the office for months. They called me a month back asking if Dr. Murnane from another practice who is subbing for Dr. Underwood's patients would work, and I was willing to be open minded and agreed. Funny how some things work out exactly how they should, eh?

So I get to the appointment and jog the doc up to speed about being off BC now after 15 years, letting the chips fall where they may in that department, but are certainly wanting to be sure that everything is funtioning acurately and go through any check-lists to be sure we are fertile, hormonally balanced (me? yea right), ovulating, bla bla bla.... so she suggests some blood work and an U/S to cover all of those bases as we move along (something Dr. Underwood has never suggested might I add). So, off to the U/S tech I go! I was actually really excited to see what one of those bad boys consisted of as I've never had one and it was really cool to see that everything was designed/functioning accurately from that perspective. I'll spare you all the ins and outs and get right to the point; she found what she thought was an amniotic sack!! She asked me 'oh my, are you pregnant'?! I was like "ummmm, not that I know of, and it wouldnt make sense in regards to the timeline this month, but maybe, I could be???!!" (insert my brain/emotions running a mile a minute) and she continued to point on the screen to a small round darker area that she said could either be a fluid packet or a VERY early pregnancy. Talk about exciting! Enter me on the roller coaster ride going UP! So, she finished snapping some shots for the doc and off to blood work we went. A few agnozing hours later, after reaching out to my 'Top 5' to tell them to pray pray pray, they called and told me that the blood test was in fact negative and that it was probably just fluid. PROBABLY JUST FLUID?!! Enter roller coaster ride going DOWN.....

I mean, dont these people know to keep information like that on the down low between eachother to refrain from ruining peoples days?! Not cool. It's a good thing I have a  twisted sense of humor. Anywho, good news is I really liked the new doctors proactive ways and think that in hindsight this whole doctor head zonking and bedrest might be a back a$$ attempt towards the answer to our prayers. I do feel like he really listened and took the steps necessary to answer some of my questions. Although a cruel cruel joke of a day, I suppose it turned out pretty positive in the end.

To add a bit more of creepdom to the story, I was telling my Mom all of this she stated "Oh yea, that's my doctor, I love Dr. Murnane, he's great"!! ... Ummm... irony? Meant to be? You decide.


xoxo,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment