Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

DC to see the Garee's {a new family of 3}!!


Last weekend I flew into D.C for a nice, relaxing extended weekend stay. D.C {Georgetown} has quickly become one of my favorite places to visit; not only due to the lovely Garee fam, but because the city is so darn charming. The cobblestone streets, beautiful row homes & many restaurants and shops, I really feel like I can stroll the streets of Georgetown for hours. Like NYC, the brownstone style homes make you think of being 'Single in The City' and all the excitement of discovering that those times bring. I usually run when I'm in town and check out the sights, but this trip was centered solely around veging around with little miss 3 week old Evelyn. Not sure I could have squeezed her enough!! 




It's amazing how many hours can go by staring at this sweet little girl. I give my hat off to her Mom {all breast feeding moms for that matter}! All the cluster feeding & growth spurts, it's pretty safe to say Steph started to feel like a dairy farm one of the days of non. stop. feeding. I have always assumed I too would breast feed one day, but it sure is constant work! Makes you think twice-Go Moms!! 

Prior to the trip, Steph mentioned that she hasn't been out really & feared a but of feeding in public places {or inabilities to feed in public places} and how challenging its been with Ev not on a schedule so young. I didn't want to push anything, but encouraged a trip out to give it a go, and all did great! It was a hot walk, so that proved to be a challenge, but she did well at brunch & was even a little fashionista in her new outfit from her Auntie {tutu + Cute like My Auntie} duh. 





Those dimples! I die! I had such a nice trip being in D.C to meet Lil' Miss & to try and help out a bit around the house {Jas is on point & winning husband of the year with all of his help/cleaning done already} and look forward to their next trip to Ohio!! Hoping soon enough we'll be helping them unpack their things in Ohio, for good :) 




Until next time....

Xoxo!!

Andi 

No comments:

Post a Comment