Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy 35th Mom & Dad!

 
7/6/76
 
The day my parents got married, 35 years ago. Thirty five years. Wow.
 
 
 
Let me preface this next statement, by saying that they are wonderful parents, and I grew up in a very loving home. I did not however, grow up with PDA parents who seemed to openly love eachother and communicate well. More often than not they had a tough time communicating reasonably (at low decibals) with eachother. I remember times, as a little girl especially, where I would yell back at them "just stop yelling and get a divorce already" their arguements would get so heated. Now, as an adult, and a married one at that, I've learned that we all communicate differently with eachother along the way. While I'm not a yeller, or a fighter, I am passionate about my marriage and husband. I can see now that this is just the way that they expressed that.
 
They have taught me the importance of commitment. To keep going, never quitting or giving up on eachother. So many people give up, or think the grass is greener on the other side when it most definitely is not. I'm glad that I've had such wonderful role models in my parents, who made that  commitment 35 years ago and have honored it through good times and bad.
 
Happy Anniversary you crazy high school sweethearts, who noticed eachother based on "his hot '69 Camero" and "her hot legs in those short skirts". Cheers!
 
 
 
Xo,
Andi


No comments:

Post a Comment