Fall is my favorite season, and one that I always wanted as our wedding date. We ended up settling for Spring vs. waiting a wasted extra 6 months for Fall, just to have foliage, and it worked out just fine. Fall tones, rustic elements, crisp perfect weather & a caramel candy apple or homemade jam to go? Total bonus!
My sister in law, Paige, got married last Friday in Columbus. What started as a beautiful sunny day, turned into a shit storm of an afternoon {I'm talking total torrential}, but then cleared up after the full Catholic mass ceremony just in time for her reception. I was pretty relieved as I was certain we may have kicked off a rainy wedding day 'A' family tradition. Luckily, that wasn't the case. I wish I would have snapped some pics of the rustic centerpieces (large votive candles with different texture lanterns). Some were old barnwood material, others chicken cage wires mixed with some that were roped. I loved them! The flowers were all neutral toned roses stacked in mason jars, and their favors were my favorite; carmel & nut candied apples! Also, we lucked out with some extra "Spread the Love" jam to try out. It was delish! Some pics of the amazing day & absolutely breath taking bride......
 |
| Stunning |
 |
| MOH |
 |
| all the 'Sisters' |
The Ceremony at Sacred Heart Church in downtown Columbhs where my MIL's parents got married many years ago. Vicki had doves released post ceremony when they were announced. They nearly took of everyone's heads & grasped onto the church bricks for dear life, but it was a great idea. Apparently they just fly home to follow & are used for weddings all the time. Cute touch that I haven't ever seen before.
 |
| Vows |
 |
| Husband & Wife |
 |
| White Doves |
 |
| The Brothers! |
The after party was a BLAST! Paige and her Dad did a choreographed dance that had a surprise handstand (even took some walking steps, Go Jimmy) and everyone danced the night away. The MOH wipped out some tamborines when the party got started and made for a dance craze (B has bruises on his thighs). Paige didnt even stop to pee all night. I've never seen a bride dance the ENTIRE night away. It was a really fun wedding.
 |
| The Cousins |
 |
| Cousin Maggie |
 |
| DeSales buds |
 |
| The sparkler send off |
I hope they had the time of their lives & it was all they dreamed of and more. Here's to 100 years, you love birds! Enjoy Peru.
 |
| Lutmers! |
Xoxo,
Andi
Your dress is fantastic. You look amazing!
ReplyDeleteThanks sweetie!! :)
ReplyDelete