Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

{Memorial} Weekend Recap!

Since we moved in, we've had visitors every weekend {which we love} and this Memorial Weekend we had a wide open long weekend with no visitors. We had the perfect balance between production around the house, cookouts with friends and family and R&R with the furbabies. So necessary; I feel completely refreshed.
 
We painted the dining room the same color as the last house we built {no chance to get sick of it when we lived there for a whopping 9 months} & love it just the same if not more in this house. I also hung the globed light fixture, which is a total bear, so all I have left to do in this room is to hang the rustic wall wine rack, find drapes and a big rug and call it a day.
 



Light fixture hung! Rug and drapes to find next.....

 I also just received the 7' x 9' massive wall art from Pottery Barn that I'm hanging in our vaulted living room above the couch. Now....to get it hung. I tried to finagle the delivery guy with a $50 spot to hang it for me but no cigar. Sigh. Any takers? I've had my eye on this baby for MONTHS & finally pulled the trigger. Obsessed with it.


 I found some great rockers for the front porch and cant wait to get the roped porch swing my parents are getting us for our house warming gift. I grew up in Lexington, KY and we had a big lovely front porch that everyone used as the gathering place in the neighborhood. I have so many fond memories on that porch that these rockers this weekend took me right back to. There's nothing more relaxing to me than a summer evening on the front porch with the furbabes {+ red wine, duh}. We got to soak in a whole lot of nature walks out back during the day and evenings on the porch this weekend. It couldn't have been any better. Well, maybe if a bonfire and smores were involved, but that's about it!

Clearly Nova and Atty approve
 
potter Afro Puff Nova
 
Nature walks with Atticus


Blair & Bean
 

My man & his mad lawncare skills

all tuckered out

peaceful back yard

We've already made alot of great friends in D-town and are starting to feel right at home. I can honestly say it was all worth it. Selling our new home, transitioning into a storage unit while we lived in an apartment for 10 months and building a second home, to finally being unpacked and settling in. My left eye has FINALLY stopped twitching after a solid 9 months (ha!! not even kidding).  We hope to be here for a very long time.
 
my new hairdresser and friend, KC & I

Erin & I- my gym junkie who drags me along with her!
 
Hope you all had a fab weekend filled with family fun and some rest and relaxation!! Happy Memorial Day and as always, THANK YOU to all who have served to help provide us with these many pleasures + this beautiful life filled with all it's freedoms.
 
xo,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment