Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Things not to tell your friends who are TTC

That you are pregnant......and considering an abortion. Ummm!? 

Last week a friend of mine called to tell me she was pregnant. Now, most friends as of late feel awkward telling me they are, which is ridiculous because I am always insanely happy to hear baby news. Even when the friend who told me is one that's kind of a hot mess {self proclaimed}. She hasn't had a job in years, has had zero desire to ever be a mom {had an abortion in her early 20's already} and got pregnant by a pro baseball player who has been her on and off booty call for years. Originally I was super happy about the news because I think that this baby could bring some structure and focus to her life and give her meaning, I've had friends who get pregnant out of wedlock and are single parents and while it's not ideal, they turn out to be the best thing that happened to them in the end. She told me she was "weighing out her options" and while trying not to be judgemental I heard her out on all of them. I didn't think she'd ever have another abortion after the first as she said it was so traumatic and difficult for her but when she brought it up this time, it absolutely broke my heart. 

I've always been pro life, unless a woman is raped or what not, and even then I'd probably have it but I'd understand if another woman couldn't. I truly feel that no child is a mistake. Parents? Yes. They can be mistakes to the child but never the child. So, Blair and I immediately offered her an option to adopt to us {open or closed} just so she felt that there was a way out that included giving this child a chance at life & should she want, she could see grow should she choose. In the end, yesterday she told me after a week of deciding, she will be aborting it this week. Then she asked me how my house was coming along & she was excited to see it soon!?! Isn't life ironic? 

Alanis Morisette keeps ringing in my ears.


Isn't it ironic? One person prays they will soon be blessed to love a child of their own, and another is praying that their abortion goes well.....









No comments:

Post a Comment