Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekend Recap!


Last Friday was our first appointment with our new OB, Dr. Yaklic at Wright State Physicians, and it went great. Well, minus the fact I arrived 20 mins late because I got all the way to the exit before realizing I left my entire wallet (insurance card and ID) at home so I had to turn back to get it. Luckily B joined from work and was there on time to tell them I was now running late and brought many apologies. That's the good thing about being late to the OB, they all giggled (b/c he's cute I'm sure) and said "oh, her preggo brain is at it again"?! .... I loathe tardiness and people who are continually tardy, but knowing they shrugged it off helped a bit in my worry of my first impression to them. Blair offered to fill out the paperwork on my behalf, which was quite comical since he didn't make it past my name and even got that part wrong (he wrote my maiden name vs. married after being married nearly 4 years) so apparently we both have preggo brain. I should also add that we got lost on the way out finding our cars in the parking garage.... dear God what will we be like when we're old and grey?! {shudders}

The doc rolled in disheveled and eye bagged (I think he was on call the night before) but he was really understanding of all that we'd gone through to get here & threw in some extra perks for us "after all that we'd invested to get here". Hey, I'm not opposed to special treatment people, especially when it comes to hearing our babe. He let me video the heartbeat, which was finally done via my belly and not trans-vaginally (WHOOHOO!!) so now I can pull it up daily and get another hear at it. I also wanted to send it to my MIL since she didn't get to hear the first heartbeat like my Mom did. I sent it on to the grandparents who are also over the moon, so it's really nice to have, I'm grateful that he let us do that. I think we'll be very happy at this facility. I'm feeling a little anxious that I'm not feeling anywhere close to "normal" but maybe I need to get used to nausea and exhaustion as being my new normal. I want to enjoy being pregnant and although I'm insanely thankful to be here, it's hard to function in a fog while trying not to puke. Three weeks until 2nd tri at which point I hear things get alot better. I'm happy for that timeline to also throw me a bone and happen sooner. No, seriously, is it May yet? 

We enjoyed a great family weekend at my Dad's church where I got to love on my favorite, my Papaw, and wolf down smores while riding on hay rides with my cute nephew! Doesn't get better than that folks. Life is good!



lots of cornhole with Dad, Papaw & Blair

the man is a competitive MACHINE at this game

football with our sweet nephew

I love him so!


xoxo,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment