Weight Gain: 30lbs. Yikes! I keep saying I'm going to stand on it backwards and just tell them to write it down without letting me know, b/c I really feel like it doesn't matter what I do or what I eat I'm just going to carry where and how I carry. But I do feel swollen as all get out. Doc isn't concerned however, and said women under 5'5" have much harder pregnancies as their symptoms show sooner and seem more prevalent due to being so short. Makes sense. Boooo to 5'2"!
Stretch Marks: None yet! Thank G. Keep it tight BioOil!
Movement: Baby has been breech until recently (now it's moving around everywhere) which has given me some serious "lightening crotch" kicks that literally take my breath away. Recently doc pointed out that the "head" taking up half of my belly and located next to my belly button is actually the babies "butt"... which between B and I and our bubble butts, isn't surprising it's so large. Good to know we've been talking to, reading to and singing lullabies to our babies ass this entire time. Woops!
What I'm loving: Applesauce, Apples, Cinnamon Apple Sauce still. Milk, Cereal, PB dipped in milk.
Sleep: Well the stuffy has somehow gone away, but Carpel Tunnel has now taken it's place. My hands go numb inbetween my 6 trips to the bathroom, so it's safe to say that I'm not sleeping much. I started taking half a Benadryl here and there just to not be a complete zombie and I will say it does help grog me up enough to get SOME sleep.
Things I miss: Still wine... always wine... always will be wine. Patio drinking... oh, did you hear there's now a peach Blue Moon flavor? Yummmm...
Energy: I feel better in this department. Not sure how with the lack of sleep, maybe it's the "nesting" people speak of, but I have nearly finished nursery, clothes are washed and put away, pantry is organized and my check list is slowly dwindling so I'll take that as a uptick in energy! Yay!
Workouts: Walking and stretching is all this chunky monkey + sciatica pain is doing. I'm getting SO STIFF, but the stretching is helping so that's good. Now that it's not -20 degrees and knee high snow piles outside, I can see myself getting daily walks in this Spring.
Symptoms: Sciatica, Carpel Tunnel and bloat/swelling (wedding ring is off, although my gifted 'something blue' ring B got me that day I wear on my middle finger & now fits my ring finger, so I don't feel completely detached from my wedding day vows, so that's a plus)....
Next Ultrasound, 3/30: I requested MFM allow me to have one more US to confirm AGAIN that this Vasa Previa is gone and I'm fully released, so after that I'll be wrapped up with Ultrasounds. New due date (39w) is 5/8 at which point if I don't delivery vaginally they'll agree to a scheduled Cs for me. If I go into labor naturally, they will request that I give it the ol' heave ho & have this baby vaginally. I'm nervous but trying to trust they know what they're doing.
![]() |
| 27 WEEKS |
![]() |
| 28 WEEKS |
![]() |
| 29 WEEKS |
![]() |
| 31 WEEKS |
I'm not sure how this belly will get bigger but I have a feeling my body is about to show me. Whew.... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....
Maternity pics & baby shower updates soon to follow!!
XOXO,
Andi




No comments:
Post a Comment