Not even sure where to begin with this blog.... but let me tell you, I surely didn't see this one comin'. I'd consider myself a glass half full type of person who certainly errs on the side of hope during dark days, but this one took me for a total surprise. Let me rewind back to the day Finley was taken from us on Monday 2/23.
So, as stated in my previous post, I was waiting at my high risk appt when my sister told me she was at Riverside Hospital in Columbus and Finn had no HB. It was like a ton of bricks hit me, especially b/c I was sitting on the exam table waiting for my high risk doc to come in and take a look at my wonky placenta (the same organ that just burst inside my sister and took little Finn from us). The doc and U/S tech (and myself, because trust, I can tell you what everything is inside of my female parts I've seen them so much) were having a tough time finding the Vasa Previa vessel which is NOT hard to find. It dangles right into my cervical opening and sometimes takes away from the beauty that is sweet Baby A. I'm usually found holding my breath as I watch the babe kick its big ol' active foot into the ugly vessel just praying that it's not possible for it to burst right then and there. This day the vessel was MIA. We all were a little dumbfounded but my thoughts were elsewhere and everyone assumed it was a fluke, that it would appear on my next U/S the following Monday (3/2). I followed up with my regular OB the next day and filled him in on my sisters son's demise as well as her placenta issues & how it heightened my concerns for my own placenta. He hadn't received the U/S review from the day prior so I filled him in on the "now missing vessel". He looked at me like "oh you poor thing.. please don't believe this is actually going to disappear"... and told me it's "highly probable to remain present in my cervix although possible that it has migrated", and gave me a half hearted grin. Although one may think he just popped my small balloon of hope right then and there, I had faith that Angel baby Finn was hard at work upstairs for his Auntie and Cousin.
So last Monday I go in for another high risk apt and again, they can't find the vessel. They move me to another room and call in three different docs all who shifted me in multiple positions, whispered back and forth to one another in disbelief and eventually exclaimed that in fact my Vasa Previa condition has been officially taken off the table. Yep, you read that correctly. My uterus stretched upwards enough between weeks 20 and 30 to pull the vessel out of my cervical opening and be in a position that will allow me to have a normal, low risk pregnancy and delivery. SAY WHAT?! .... nothing short of a miracle. Seriously, pinching myself. Thank you God for answering our prayers.
I have an apt with my regular OB next Tuesday to put together a new delivery game plan, one of which I still feel inclined to do via C Section at this point. I've worked with doctors long enough to know that sometimes fast ones are thrown last minute and even they can't understand the reason (aka my Vasa Previa moving that of which they stated happens in less than 1% of cases). I don't prefer a Cs but I prefer a LIVE and HEALTHY baby, and I don't want to labor for hours in distress just wondering if that vessel is relocating & potentially going to burst and deplete my fetal blood supply. It's not a birth scenario that you want to mess with, aka it's fatal. If I have my way, which my doctor will more than likely give me knowing our entire journey to get here, I'll suggest a 37-38 week scheduled Cs. So stay tuned! But no hospital bed rest and off pelvic rest? Couldn't be happier my friends, it's like I've got a whole new lease on life. Hallelujah!
XOXO,
Andi
No comments:
Post a Comment