Ya'll, Girlfriend is a hot mess this month. Friends have told me about the "4 month sleep regression" ahead and the worst Wonder Week of all, "Events" (which we are currently in) and I'm thinking they're onto something here. Adlee was doing fantastic the past 3 weeks. She was sleeping from 8:30p-6:30a & dropping the 2:30a feed and we I was finally getting caught up a bit on sleep. She'd eat at 6:30a then go back down until 8:30 which was fantastic because I could shower and get ready, load her in her jammies and get her to Holly on time to feed and leave for the work day. NOT anymore. Second, she stopped taking bottles altogether. Yes, as in, will not eat a morsel of mommy milk via bottle while I'm away. She won't for my MIL, Holly or Hubs. Not from Dr. Browns (her usual), Tommee Tippie or Nuk. I bought MAM which is the same as her paci but it's next up on the list. We are currently up a creek. Wont latch, won't swallow, chokes what bit drips out and loses her ever loving mind with anger while they try to give her the bottle. Le sigh.
I guess it's a compliment that she only wants me, but considering I WORK FOR A LIVING I can't be there at her beckon booby call. I have been tempted to drop in & feed her myself so she doesn't go all day sans milk, but then I don't want her to expect that when she turns down the bottle in will swoop The Boob. Sooooo.... we are working on this. My friend Lindsey swears by Comotomo bottle which helped her daughter when she did the same boycott, and she even ordered me one on Amazon Prime to arrive next day (hallalujah for good people left in this world), so I'm anxiously awaiting it. If it doesn't work I may need to see if something is happening to my frozen milk when put in the bottle warmer (spoiling? would she take a fresh pumped bottle?) in which case you will find my head hyperventilating into a brown paper bag because I have an entire freezer of frozen milk that would become useless. Legit, just when you figure these kids out and think you're Mom of the Year they throw a big ol' wrench in the system. Back to the drawing board. Stay tuned.
We are off to Chicago this weekend for a family vaca (+furbabe) so that'll be fun. Hilton downtown is dog friendly, so this is Nova's first vaca along with the fam. Lets hope we don't regret that! ;)
XOX,
Andi


No comments:
Post a Comment