Every year we get the opportunity to run the Buckeyes out on the field and cheer pregame and third quarter. It is so amazing to be back out there re-living the glory days, even if it is just one game a year. I've yet to miss an alumni game thus far, and really admire the cheerleaders who are in their 70's+ out there in their long skirts & bobby socks, still doing the same Fight Song and Sloopy that we did 10 years ago. The tradition at The Ohio State University is what makes it so incredible to us all. In a world that's always reinventing the wheel and changing, the band and cheerleaders will always have that tradition to rely on.
Sharing this with Adlee was really important to me this year. It was a little stressful to get her down to campus & onto the field, but the pictures are worth a thousand memories to me so it was all worth it. Being 4.5 months old and down in the endzone of Ohio Stadium is something not many people can ever say, so I'm happy that we made it work and her and I got to share these moments. I bet someday when she's older she'll love seeing the pics and who knows, maybe someday she'll be like her Mama and will run the team into THE stadium too!
My friendships with these people are so priceless, I'm so thankful that I was blessed with the opportunity to cheer for Ohio State and have them in my life forever. What an amazing experience. Time and change will surely show, how firm thy friendship, O-HI-O.....
Andi










No comments:
Post a Comment