Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2016

9 & 10 Months with Adlee

Adlee,

If the combination of month 9-10 for the blog doesn't tell you something, then I don't know what will! Mama has been busy & tired these past two months {what's new, right?}. You too have been busy, cutting some major teeth and keeping Daddy and I up nearly every night. It's a good thing you're cute because lord Mama needs her sleep. Your top two Lateral Incisors are in after feeling like they were never going to break through, and your first three teeth came in about two months ago on the bottom so now you're sporting a rather interesting Jack O Lantern grin. You eat us out of house and home now that your chompers are in (and because you already want to be the big girl vs. the baby), and you want everything that we eat so at least that makes it simple. You love milk from your sippy cup & are getting close to dropping the bottle altogether. Since we are half way to 11 months and Mommy & Daddy will be leaving town for a wedding for a long weekend soon, I'm beginning the plan of weaning you off my Mama Milk soon. It's been an incredibly amazing journey of nursing you this long, I wouldn't trade it for one second. However, I'm ready to wrap up this chapter and move on to the next. I can't say it enough, nursing is the most beautiful and exhausting part of Motherhood. I hope you decide one day to share this special bond with your littles. You'll see :) My goal was 6 months and it's looking like I'll get you all the way to 11-12 so for that I feel incredibly blessed. It was far from easy, but anything for you my babe.












Your personality is growing leaps and bounds by the days. It's my favorite thing about you!! Per your pictures, you are happy as a clam the majority of the time, but these past two months you've really started to connect more and show your social skills. You wave, saying "hi" to everyone in the stores that we frequent and you're always hamming it up at the restaurants batting those gorgeous lashes of yours for all passerby. We are in trouble!! You truly don't know a stranger, so it will be interesting as you grow to see how that continues to develop. You take the direction that you want and all had better follow suit, that's for sure. When it comes to sleep schedules, eating schedules, playing with other babies (etc) you set the ground rules and everyone else is expected to follow. You're a bossy little Lady who knows what she wants. I guess the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.....poor Daddy!






We're starting to plan your 1st birthday party already.  On one hand it feels like you've always been here, and that 1 year surely can't be all that we've been together. But the next it feels like yesterday we were begging God to bless us with you, feeling impatient and discouraged not knowing if we'd ever have a child. We had hoped that He was busy creating you while Mama had to endure jumping all the hoops and leaping all the bounds. But we never knew for sure. We are so blessed that our prayers were answered. I hope you always know how much you were prayed for, wished for, wanted and loved... longggg before these past 10 months of knowing you arrived. You were worth it all. If I knew then what I know now, I'd do it all over again, 5 times over. You are our greatest blessing and we love you more than we can ever express.


Happy 9 & Happy 10 Sweet Girl!!




XO,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment