Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

11 Months with Adlee

My Sweet Girl,

HOW in the world are we already to 11 Months?! You are so much fun to be with, you make every day more exciting than the last. You are starting to sit up, pull yourself up on things and rock back and forth on your hands and knees in hopes to just blast off to "crawl status". You get too frustrated that you aren't magically blasting off to the races and start pounding your hands on the ground in fury. I have NO IDEA where you get that impatience from? ;) One day you will crawl, walk, run, etc, so I have 0 desire to push you until you're ready. One day you will be and then I'll be running after you like a Mad Momma. So you just take your time little one. As I tell others when they ask if you're walking, "Nope! She was breech for 9 months en utero, and is just the same now on the outside". A OK sitting still and entertaining yourself without any desire to cruise. Funny how that's determined so early on....




We took our first Mommy & Daddy trip to a friends wedding in Vegas last week and Mimi & Poppy came to stay. You had an awesome time shopping with Mimi and playing with Poppy. I'm so thankful that we have such a great family to help love on you while we're away. I had to partially wean you before the trip since you were wanting more than just breastmilk and solids. You are drinking half goats milk and half breast milk in preparation for your 12 months wean over to 100% whole milk. I wondered what it would be like when I returned from this trip and if you'd want to nurse so I gave it a go yesterday. Within 30 seconds you popped off and looked up at me like, "Nah, who needs to work at this? Just give me the bottle!" So, that we did! I was dreading having a dedicated last nurse with you so I'm glad you took matters into your own hands and made the decision for us. I suppose that will be our last hoorah. I feel a little sad about it when I really think about it, but less because you aren't nursing and more because that chapter is forever closed in your "newborn book" and we are getting so close to opening the chapter of "toddler-isms". It constantly feels like sand through an hour glass; wanting to freeze moments, rewind, slow time. "It goes by so fast" is what everyone says and it scares me to see they are all so right. These are truly the best of times.








You light up our lives and we can't wait to see you grow and thrive. We are filled with love from you and for you, Happy 11 Months Adlee James! You are the best thing that's ever happened to me.






XOX,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment