Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

37w pregnant, losing steam, patience is a virtue!

This time, last pregnancy, my water broke and I was off to have Adlee who was born at exactly 37w. This round, I'm 37w and I am only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. I know that's not 100% indicative of going into labor as Adlee was also only 1cm dilated at this time when she broke my water, but I do have to say it's a little discouraging to hear when you're SO READY to meet your little sweetie.
 
As I've stated before, this pregnancy is 180 different from Adlee's so I wonder how it's all going to shake out. The discomfort from her being head down is definitely a different sensation than a breech child, and with Adlee although I had swelling and Carpal Tunnel (I now have that with this child) I also have Restless Leg Syndrome and Insomnia with this one. I wouldn't wish RLS (or CP for that matter) on my worst enemy. The RLS keeps me up twitching and itching and the nerve response to all of that is just out of this world frustrating and exhausting. I hope to God I don't go until my 39.6w scheduled Cs on 4/30!!! I'll be 39w on 4/25 but that's only 2 days prior to Adlee, and I really don't want her day to be about me in a hospital with the new baby for her 3rd birthday. So, I shall suffer a few more days until I get to hold little lady #2 if it comes down to that.










The great news is work has been going really well, and I've been crushing my quota which means I can work from home mainly managing orders and rest when needed during the day. I have #momguilt about dropping Adlee at school on the days I have little work, but I know she's entertained there with her school friends better & I'm able to relax and put my feet up and nap when necessary. There are many parts of the day where you have to push away the guilt and tell yourself that they are cared for and loved and that's what really matters. I'm sure it's not going to get easier with a second, but rather much harder to juggle both. On top of it all, Adlee is entering her "threenager" year and is starting to push back on authority, challenge the rules, have 3 year old meltdowns and all of that fun stuff! We are going to be in for it with Little Miss Independent/Headstrong very soon + Little Sis. Here's to hoping she takes the Big Sis role by the reigns and becomes helpful vs. jealous. Time will tell....
 
Although this time in my pregnancy is challenging, I'm trying to take it one day at time and try and enjoy the fact she is my last. Still contemplating VBAC vs. repeat Cs, and trying to "Give it to God" as know he already has it all mapped out and it is always perfect in His way, in His time. Some days are easier than others for sure, at this stage a day feels like a year, but people have certainly endured worse; including myself in the wait for conception. I certainly thank my lucky stars that we've made it this far and have another little miracle soon to arrive for us to love on.




Life is so good, we are so blessed, and cannot WAIT to meet Little Miss AC :)
 
 
 
XOX,
Andi 

1 comment:

  1. How lovelly articles. I like your opinion!

    Hello i am Latifah from Lampung, Indonesia. I am writter and my own website is MantuIdaman Blog, I hope you can enjoy my articles bellow:

    - Kenapa Menulis Blog?
    - Tema Blog yang Saya Sukai
    - Kenapa Memilih Nama MantuIdaman
    - Kenapa Harus Berkomunitas?
    - Bermedia Sosial dengan ramah

    ReplyDelete