Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

39 weeks and still baking.... Cs date tomorrow!!

Who in the world would have expected this little chica to still be cozy and baking at 39w? NOT ME! My bags have been packed for weeks expecting another 36 ish water break and 37w delivery, but not this little lady. I'm hoping that's a sign that she's going to be my chill child. I am a firm believer that how you come into this world (even how you are en utero) is already your natural make up as to how you will approach life as a child and an adult. My older sister was born early and is impatient, cant stand surprises, and always in the know! She is always a few steps ahead of everyone else. Me however, born nearly 4 weeks later after my Mom had to chug caster oil, have always been laid back and go with the flow. Sure I have my Type A traits and stay ontop of things, but when it comes to life, my approach is very much a "what will be will be" sort of logic. I'm so excited to see what she looks like and how her little personality is!!
 
Tomorrow is our scheduled repeat Cs to meet her! We originally went into this pregnancy seeing if I could VBAC as she's been head down, but the risk with inducing and VBAC'ing goes up 10 fold. I'm not THAT pro VBAC to endure the risks for her and I, even though it would have been cool to experience both ways. At least this way I know what I'm getting into, and even better my sister will be in the OR as I've decided to use another ON-Q pump, so that will be extra special as she'll be there to help the surgeon place it if need be.
 
This last day as a Mama of one I've been trying to nap, relax, get some laundry done and organize some things for my in-laws and parents who will be helping out with Adlee while I'm in the hospital. I am so excited to finally introduce her to her little sister & she is starting to know something is just around the corner as well!! This pregnancy has been 180 different than Adlee's, so I hope that doesn't mean the L&D experience won't go as smoothly as hers did, or recovery. All of that is out of my hands, and in less than 24 hours we will be holding our little lady and allll of this will be behind us. The infertility journey, the high and low risk pregnancies..... we will be closing this chapter on growing our family and will be completed as a Family of 4!!!
 
I can hardly wait!!
 
 
XO,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment