So, I know everyone says it--but I'm confirming it--MOVING SUCKS! We just made the huge decision to head to the burbs from The Short North, and honestly, I'm loving it so far.The rental situation moved MUCH faster than we imagined, luckily, as I wasn't willing to make an offer on a house with an existing mortgage not covered. So we found an awesome tenant, paying our full mortgage amount, who signed a 2 year lease with 3 months down!! I'm certain that after 2 years there, he'll want to stay for longer. We miss 'Melrose Place'--aka-- Victorian Gate Condos, but it definitely felt like the right time to move. Working from home (a 900 sq ft 1 bedroom/1 bath condo) with 2 pony dogs, wasn't going to cut it anymore. My Medline medical boxes took up our entire coat closet. We didn't realize how much CRAP we really had at that place until it was on our backs, up and down our steps1000x, loading, unloading, again MOVING SUCKS. We donated our couches and alot of other things, as we'd like to buy new in 'Our First Home Together' (considering the other home was basically Blair's Bachelor Pad). It will be better once we're in our new home, I just know it.
The condo will always hold a special place in our hearts as it holds so many dear memories to us. It was the place that held our first dates, spend overs with the girls/guys in tow after way too many bevs downtown, and our first holiday's together. It is the place we woke up in with our 4 leggers and walked to the park on snowy weekend mornings, followed by our Starbucks Chai Tea Latte runs (that is sadly now Chocolique or something that will go under soon). It's where we popped a bottle of bubbly to celebrate our engagement, & the place where Blair surprised me with our first Christmas Tree (I begged for him to get into the X-mas spirit for long enough that I came home to a tree propped up just for me to decorate one afternoon that he picked out & hand delivered all by himself). It's where we spent many a Tuaca nights listening to the bands downstairs on Gallery Hop Weekends & Betty's Breakfast Nacho mornings to soak up the aftermath. It's where I'd open our wall of windows to chat with Bob @ EUROPIA across the street. He'd always offer up free tastings while shopping & was the one that suggested my fave I'll never stray from: Menjetrois blend. It's the place we re-decorated from the horrendous bachelor pad paint colors (3 different shades of green/pea/puke) & brought in my furniture to remove the book so cleverly disguised as a couch leg (at least the book was a classic) to our first home as a couple. It's the home we (especiallyAtty & Nova) first met and cared for our goddaughter Lucy. It will be missed.
 |
| The dogs, front row seats @ The Doo Dah Parade |
 |
| Nights out with the gang |
 |
| Bernies HH's |
 |
| Lu Lu Bean comes to The Short North |
 |
| Nova & Atty babsitting |
 |
| My fave pic of Lu & Blair |
 |
| The Christmas Tree Surprise |
I never thought it possible we'd be happy out of The Short North, but honestly, it's good to be back (and good to have a driveway)!! We'll retire back @ our Short North property & act like 20 somethings again some day, but until then.... BRING ON THE BURBS! Okay, Alum Creek/Olentagy area to be exact, ie: (dog parks, water, walking trails)--don't count us into the 'old lame suburbians' file yet.....
We'll always love & miss you 5 W. Lincoln St <3 A lovely pic from the last evening we had, backs propped up against the wall of windows, enjoying a glass of red, per usual.
GOOD TIMES HAD BY ALL....ESPECIALLY @ GOODALE
No comments:
Post a Comment