Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thank You, from the bottom of My Hart.....

I love what I do....I do!!! I'm one of those people that craves a challenge, a competitive environment, and the high after the many lows. I have questioned why I do what I do many days, but never have I questioned why i'm in sales. It's never boring, I always have PLENTY of work to do, and I love the i-have-no-idea-what-i'm-walking into feeling. Being in medical sales is an entirely different arena, especially when it comes to product knowledge. I work for a manufacturer that makes over 500,000+ products and I also distribute another hundred or so manufacturers' products!! There is never a time that i'm not learning and helping others, and for that I am thankful. I especially love days like today when I pick up two new customers, one of which is strong residual business who chose me to provide all of their products & the second who has now become my biggest sale to date!


I happend to be in the right place at the right time overall, and have my sister to thank as she works for Dr. Hart, but never in my wildest of dreams did I think I would make such a rewarding sale. Of course i'm excited that it's one step closer to my year end bonus quota, but it was so much more than that. Dr. Hart origionally had a need for BP wall aneriods (BP cuffs), yet after a few trips into Adena Cardiology, I found out their products are all purchased through the hospital, therefore I couldnt be of assistance as they are part of an IDN (dont ask!!). However, Dr. Hart did have a need for a supplier to help with 100%  of the product and pharma needs towards his upcoming November trip to Africa, too cool!!! I spend day in and day out in awe of all of the wonderful MD's and patients I meet that it overrides all of the crap gatekeepers and Nurse Nancy's out there, especially on days like today. This evening I met Dr. Hart and his head nurse to review products which lead to viewing pictures from their trip last year to Nigeria. It made me question for a second why I didnt continue down the previous nursing path I started, but then it hit me, I get to be a small part of this amazing-ness while satisfying the salesperson that I truly am. Providing people with top notch products to assist with their health and wellness is so much more than 'being in medical sales'. I am so greatful to play a small role in helping those Nigerians wellness that it makes today so much larger than 'my biggest sale'. So I thank you Dr. Hart, from the bottom of my heart! :) I am so thankful for where I am in my career today, and that my friends is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment