I'm not quite sure why I didnt go into interior decorating or staging homes for a living because I lay awake at night dreaming of things to re-do and do to our home, my parents home, friends homes, it's a bit wacky, I know. If I get my ONE quick chance to snatch the remote from Blair and off of ESPN and onto HDTV, I enter the pearly gates for as long as I can before it's snatched back again (while batting my eye lashes to Blair to please keep it on my station a bit longer and not to ESPN 1, 2, 3, etc). I mean, how many ESPN's are there now?!!? ugh. I love a good game but this boy's consumed.
Anywho, as we round the 200M of our new build and are on the 'home stretch' (badumcha!) to moving in, I'm already dreaming of the decorating ways to add to or plan to add down the road, HA! Eassyyyy killer, woa horsy, slooow 'er down, I know. But, it's just the way I am. Full throttle ahead!!! Yeeeeehaw..
My recent Room Crush revolves around Mud Room's these days & there are soooo many chic, classy, cozy mud rooms that i'm pining for. For a wedding gift, one of my dear friends and former clients, Ron Huffman (who is a Carpenter) made us a BEAUTIFUL one of a kind white bench + shelving & hooks for our 'someday home' together. It's made from rare wood that he's set aside through the years of his woodworking (his entire house was made by his own hands) & I CANNOT wait to remove it from storage & use it as an entry focal point or eventually its own mini room!! (Once we hook up W&D in basement vs main level--thanks Dominion for leaving that option out for us until it was too late). Check out some of these GORGEOUS rooms that inspire me below.
![]() |
| Loving the arched built ins and the floor--how creative! |
![]() |
| Herringbone brick flooring??! Be still my heart! No worries on muddy dog feet & rainy boots with this one... |
![]() |
| Looovingggg this gorgeous worn bench and brick flooring...so simple & rustic! |
![]() |
| ok ok. the lighting?! how COOL! Nothing says 'kick off your shoes & enjoy a good book' more than walking into this striking mudroom.... |
Happy Friday All!
xoxo,
Andi





No comments:
Post a Comment