SO can we just talk about the CRAPPY aches and pains & snotty face/bronchial coughing that's come along with it? Ugh, March I love ya but you do this to me every time. I'm not mad at all about the weather getting a bit colder this week vs 80 degrees partnered with my fever and pains. BLEK. There's always a reason to complain about Ohio weather! ...must be us Ohioans b/c it has been pretty fabulous for March, regardless.
In better happenings, last weekend I took some time to join my bestie Kimi & her daughter Lucy for Lucy's 2nd birthday & a trip to PA. Kimi's grandmother isnt doing very well and she didnt want to have to make the trip alone + Lucy without any help while she spent time with her. So, off we went! GIRLS TRIPPPP! It's always a blessing to be able to spend time with my babes. Every time we're together I cant help but think what started as a 3rd grade kid-ship /turned into a life long friendship+ God Daughter. It blows me away & leaves me feeling beyond blessed and thankful. As you all know, I'm so stinkin in love with little Lucy (along with everyone else that meets her for oh, five minutes) that our girl time was invaluable. She's getting so big!!
 |
| her and Pappi Dan playing with her cake toppings |
 |
| WOA it's my 2nd birthday :) |
 |
| entering Pitts |
 |
| smooch fest with Lu |
 |
Thank You Dr. Smith's 3rd Grade Class :)
|
In social news, last weekend we went to see a musical, Billy Elliot. I HIGHLY reccomend seeing it in a town near you. It's about a boy living in a single family home (dad and brother) who falls in love with ballet and his masculine family (oil miners currently protesting in the 1970's) doesnt give him the support, interest or money to allow him to do ballet vs. wrestling "like real men do". The story is an origional motion picture, and should be on Netflix if not found at your nearest Blockbuster (do those even exist anymore)?? It's fantastic and absolutely worth it. Clearly, it's a Broadway musical. Check it out. Very cool.
Funny part behind it is that my husband and his boys were the ones wanting to go see it/planning it!! They watched the movie years ago and have since used its one liners (like most men do to EVERY movie out there) and quotes. They said if it were ever a musical that it would be the first one they saw. Well, that's magical folks because now it is, and it sure went for an entertaining afternoon. If it werent for the Mucinex D, advil, 2 glasses of red wine and a fantastic show to watch, I would have never made it through the day :) The pics and their excitement made it priceless to boot. You wont see pics like this from them everyday.
Ps, peep the wedding suits, they insisted on wearing them for it. Sigh....
 |
STARS, Clearly.
|
Hope you're all feeling better than I have the past 2 weeks. Send good vibes and prayer my way that I start shaking this soon, especially because my BIG 2-9 is this Friday and we have a fabulous dinner planned at The Wine Bistro. I do a decent job faking it but still feel like I'm getting hit by a bus repeatedly. Waaaaaaaa...
xoxox,
Andi
No comments:
Post a Comment