You know I love promoting a good friend, business, photographer, band, restaurant {you get the point} when there is some necessary KUDOS to be had. I've never been called a BS'er {even though I'm a sales rep} because quite frankly, Dan Carty didn't raise a liar. With that being said, I have to take a moment to praise/promo/hug with all my might, The Fabulous Miss Jessica Standley. She. is. suchanamazingfriend AND HOME DECORATOR.
Let me back it up for a second. When we left for dream vaca 2012, I was drowning in a new job and new home {all blessings of course, but still, busy to the enth} and knew that there was absolutely no way possible for me to head to PA for work, come home to unpack, repack and head overseas for two weeks and THEN come back to my home office to hit the ground running with an office that was full of boxes, computer/printer/fax cords and no office furniture. Insert my fabulous friend Jess. The woman is a talented beast of all things home remodeling. How she is this smart & creative is unbeknownst to me, but her response to me when asked has always been 'I aint got a man, so if I don't do it, it aint gonna get done'. Amen sister. And lezbehonest, even WITH a man (my man) it doesn't get done unless it involves basketball, beer, basketball, or a remote. le, sigh. Ok, he does laundry, cooks and groceries, so i'll take it.
She's helped me put up ceiling fans, light fixtures, DECORATE MY HOME OFFICE, you name it this girl can do it {she aint just a hat rack folks}. Moving on. I gave her some 'Pinspiration' ideas of three different offices and told her to have at it. She doesn't need her hand held or approval from me, I've seen her homes she's lived in and all look amazingly done. I knew she'd make our new home as fabulous as possible, and oh did she! I came home and literally teared up. Most of you who know me know that I'm not a public crier, or crier at all really. It's absolutely stunning, more than I'd even imagined and EXACTLY what 'theme' I was going for. Next to the pictures I showed her, I told her I wanted it to be 'contemporary/rustic pieces' with clean, simple lines and a dramatic focal point. She got it spot on, even better actually. I absolutely love it and was able to come home, pull out my chair and get to work. I've put in a ton of hours since getting home/starting with Braun in this beautiful home office that I oh so adore.
Although I've done the rest of the decorating in our home that is coming together room by room & quite nicely, there was something about having this done that made it THAT much better, by such a beautiful person and designer no less. On top of it all, she does this at a fabulous budget. When asked by a multimillionaire once to decorate his home while handing her a credit card straight up she said, and I quote, 'oh hell no, I cant work with that. I have to be put on a budget with a means to get creative and find great finds'. Again, she's not just a hat rack. So, final drumroll... some after pics of my beautiful, budgeted, home office. Before pics were light grey walls and boxes {ie. crap} everywhere.
THANK YOU MISS JESSICA STANDLEY. She began doing my Mom's master bedroom, bath and guest room--so stay tuned for pics from that project as well.
Luckily, she knows my style and nailed it. But, can I just applaud the focal/rustic meets Colorado deer antler light fixture?! love.love.love. Book her while she's hot people ;)
xo,
Andi
No comments:
Post a Comment