Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

"My butt is a bubble just like yours Aunt Andi"

Earlier this week my childhood bestie, Kimi, and her daughter Lucy came to town for a quick trip as Kimi is looking at nursing schools here in Columbus that she can transfer to. She had meetings with Admissions back to back on Tuesday, so I took a home office day to hang out with Lucy before they left the next morning. Let me start by saying, I love Lucy more than any kid around. With Kimi being a single Mom, I spent her first nights helping with the feeding schedule, the swaddling, and cared for Lucy when Kimi had to get back to work when I could travel to KY to do so. Those moments Kimi let me share with Lucy can never be taken away and I have a bond with her like no other. She is so well behaved and sweet and at 3, I've yet to see her throw more than a handful of temper tantrums usually brought on by missing her nap. But, as much as I love every second I spend with Lucy, I have NO IDEA how people are stay at home Mom's. By noon I was tired of having a parrot on my shoulder, answering every question she asked and hearing everything I said repeated. So I got clever. She wasn't napping & wasn't even hearin' me tell her it was time to nap. So, I put her to work playing 'Beauty Shop'. She was my pedicure lady/masseuse. Foot rub + Kardeshians, yes please!



There were a few hours of home office work I HAD to get done, so we worked in our skibbs to make it more fun (nothing new for me) and actually, it was due to the fact she refused to shower until she could shower with me. Joy. So, Lucy worked dutifully at teaching the dogs how to color. She would color and push the book over to Atty and Nova and say, "Ok, now you do it". They looked at her like she was speaking German but kept her entertained for me (treats all around)! 
Kimi and I always say that some day I'll have the skinny brunette daughter as she had the little blonde power house bubble butt one. Lucy must have overheard us this time and it stuck b/c during that shower she roped me into she said to me "My butt is a bubble just like yours Aunt Andi"..... I died.
#shit3yearoldssay



 We stopped over that evening to my Moms house ("Mimi and Poppy Dan's house") for a little 3rd birthday celebration with my sister, nephew, husband, parents, Lucy and Kimi. She is officially the 'Cupcake Queen', and has had more birthday celebrations already than I have during my own "Birthday Week", which is saying alot. She got sticker books, clothes, paint books, and everything under the sun. I think I liked the sticker books more than she did :)




 Every baby Lucy sees on TV or in books she calls 'Baby Isaac", I'm starting to wonder who this Isaac character her daycare teachers and alike think is. But oh does she love her some Baby Isaac. I think Isaac loved her just as much right back.


We always hate to see Kimi and Lucy go, but are SO EXCITED that she is considering Mt. Carmel Nursing School here in Columbus, and really hope she gets accepted. We'll know end of next month if they will be moving here this Fall-- YAY!!!!!


Saying bye to Atticus.

Here's to your 3rd year on Earth, Sweet Lucy Lu. We love you!


xoxo,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment