Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

GRADUATION/DISCHARGE DAY!!!

I can't quite grasp the fact yet that I have FINALLY been discharged from my RE and will be finding an OB/GYN for the rest of my pregnancy. My game plan to get through this very difficult TTC journey was to just hunker down, take each day as it comes & hope and pray that I finally reach my long awaited goal. Those days turned into weeks, and months, and somehow 2 years .....to now. We made it. It's so surreal. Here I sit, with two  beating hearts in my body and 1 developing baby in my belly with my discharge papers, free to move forward. I am SO RELIEVED to be able to be here, but it's also bittersweet as we said goodbye yesterday to all of the clinicians we have put 100% of our trust into getting us where we are today. 

CRL to the line down is the "fetal pole" measuring the babies skill to bum. Below is the second sac they found after all. Proud of my little nugget for implanting and trying hard to make it, turns out it never developed from there. They laughed and said the baby was busy eating (head is munching down on the yolk) but based upon further review of the pic, I don't think they were joking! ha! 

Hearing that heartbeat for the first time was just.....there are no words. I could have laid in that exam room for hours listening. How people don't believe in God is insane to me. How that little cell of an embryo that started as a sperm and egg has now, in only 7 short weeks, developed into a beating heart with ears and eyes and little arm/leg nubs that will stretch and grow and continue to develop? I mean, I've always understood the birds and the bees and how everything plays out for a developing fetus but it's an entirely different story when that fetus is YOURS and that heartbeat you hear on the ultrasound monitor is YOUR baby that's relying on you, inside YOUR body. I am confident in the fact that I am helping to assist God in this miracle He has created, I truly give Him all the glory.



All of my nurses and Dr. H lined up after we did all of the discharge paperwork to give us hugs and congratulate us. They all were beaming ear to ear right along with us. It was a really wonderful send off. They experience the highest of highs or the lowest of lows right along with their patients and I know that they couldn't be happier. Dr H requested I come back "with my big belly so they all could rub it", which was cute. Funny how for so long I wanted to strangle him, and now that I'm on the other side I see just how much he cares and wanted us to be successful just as much as we wanted to be. 


I feel like this huge bomb went off, and I have been stuck in the rubble for so long, unable to see through any clearing or get a deep breath of air. And now, I've crawled my way out and all I see is wide open spaces, endless rays of sunlight and hope for what's ahead. I'm so grateful to be here.



xoxo,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment