Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Mudroom Makeover

I've been feeling pretty beh as of late. All I want are carbs and food that I normally love makes me gag {unfortunately all the healthy stuff}. At 7 weeks, I'm starting to slowly ease back into some of my favorites, but the pain is real people. As I've been told, the first trimester is rough. I go to bed at 9-9:30 and wake up a good 12 hours later but it's all for a good cause. That little blueberry is working hard to develop all of it's major organs this week so it makes perfect sense as to why I'm zonked as a result. 

Mornings are best for me. The whole 'morning sickness' thing crack me up because for me it's pretty much like nursing an all day hangover. Come 5:30p is when I start to feel the worst so I try to get as much done possible in the mornings. I've been wanting to paint and organize the mudroom since we moved in 4 months ago but we've just never had the time. We have these great white built ins that would look so much better against a contrasted color so they pop. I chose this great 'medium grey' tone on a whim and did the edging while B did the rest of it. My trusty 3M mask hard at work to protect our bean from any chemicals!
Thanks B for doing all the labor!

Here are the before and after pics. I'd like to add a few more finishing touches but this is a great start. I'm really happy with how it turned out. 

light grey walls against the white built in


huge wall serving no purpose
AFTER:



additional rack to hang guests coats, bags, dogs leashes, etc

It looks so warm and welcoming now! Easy quick project that made a big difference.


xox,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment