Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

St. Francis De-Hydrate

Ok, so I married my opposite in many ways. Many would argue we are the yin to each other's yang, especially when it comes to 'Following The Rules'. Blair is structured, likes repetition & feels that rules are meant to be followed. I, on the other hand, have a panic attack at the thought of my day being structured, and quite frankly make about 5 illegal U- turns daily because I think that law in Ohio is ridiculous. He has the same routine every morning & evening, and I'm lucky to change into PJ's before hitting the sack. This leads me to my story from yesterday while making my rounds at St. Ann's Physician Offices. The Office Manager meets with me in the lobby and we're discussing the very interesting bladder scanner & pregnancy test cost savings she could find if she used Medline, when two girls from DeSales High School come in with their uniforms on. Turns out one was the managers daughter, and I immediately asked them if they knew Mr. Albright. One lit up & said that she did and that she had him last year as her Junior English teacher (Yah, I wish I had a hot teacher back in high school to light up over too). I ALWAYS ask students if they love him or hate him, because frankly with Blair, people don't find an in-between. She said she really liked his class, but that he 'threw out her water bottles every morning in home room'. I was like 'what? your water bottles? why? that's ridiculous'. Clearly she agreed. All day I couldn't wait to get home and pry into the mind that is my husband's on WHY IN THE WORLD he cared to dump out a nice, all academic athlete (full ride in lacrosse to be exact) & sweet young girls water?! His response, 'Andi, its the rules'!! Are you joking? RIDICULOUS! Why would St. Francis DeSales not allow students to have water bottles in class? They pay 7k a year to go there, and they aren't allowed to HYDRATE? He said 'when the bell rings and class is over, they can go to the fountains and get as much water as they want, they aren't allowed to have food or drink in the classroom'.

This my friends, is why I'm not a teacher, a cop, a judge or someone who enforces rules for that matter. We got into quite the debate which ended in 'well, my public school upbringing makes more sense for our future kids than private school life especially because I want my kids to BE ABLE TO DRINK WATER'. Am I being a bit too dramatic? Probably.








Just say NO to Saint Francis De-Hydrate!!



Signing off,
The Good Cop

1 comment:

  1. Time for an update sister...and I love the picture above. What a night!!!

    ReplyDelete