Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Greetings from Naxos!

Tetanus shot in Blairs arse was a success and only cost us 10 Euro! They say it's never happened before to ANY guest before us (when you see a pic of this bad boy you'll find that very hard to believe) so, we've officially labeled ourselves as the 'Dumb Americans' throughout Contaratos Beach, ha! We are the onlyAmericans this week, we hear, so we are representing well ;) I continue to wonder how they know we are from the US before we even open our mouths .....
The pharmacist said the wound looked very clean, considering the rusty/dirty nail, thanks to my hospital grade Medline Sterillium Hand sanitizer I had with me I could give it a good clean. Thank you sample supply I stocked up on before departing the company. SCORE!
We stopped at a Garra Rufa fish therapy shop for a 'pedicure' which was certainly one of a kind and something worth Googling to look into details of what I mean! There are about 50 tiny fish that immediately gravitate to your feet and nibble (no teeth) at your dry skin, they say it's wonderful for treating those with  Psoriasis, but next to the electric sensation throughout your body and a tingly pulse at your feet, we didn't see any difference in our dry skin to follow. It gave us a good laugh and who doesn't like their feet rubbed anyway? It made for a good 20 minutes to conclude our last night in Paros. 

We have arrived in Naxos and its already very different than Paros. We have a much more modern hotel & room, think city modern meets ski town. Our rooms walls are all stone and ceilings are exposed beams with a garden and ocean view. One of my favorite words and places that can sum up Naxos is MOUNTAINS. The mountain views are my favorite part here immediately. The front desk claims we are the "luckily couple" as this is the best room facing the North (sunset on west) with a fantastic evening breeze, I'll take it! We are here for only two nights where we plan to beach it up & enjoy this massive infinity pool we're laying out at as I type (you ask yourselves how I find the time in paradise or bother to type these blogs instead of enjoy every single second) well, Blair & I only have so many topics to cover & books to read 24 hours daily, 7 days a week for 14 days. Half the reason we get along anyways is that we don't 'pointless talk' and both love to read. Perfect-Thank you iPad! We have already blown through two books throughout 5 days and a bajillion hours of travel, so book suggestions are now welcome for rest of trip & home.
I'm starting to feel like a foodie as I LOVE the food here & am certain I'll be traveling home with a Fupa/food baby in my belly. I can finally understand why people live to eat & not eat to live... Bring it on! Fall is near in Ohio & there are layers of clothes in my near future. I think people find it odd that I take pictures of what they serve esp myfavorite dishes, but you'll soon see why. Ah-mazing.
I've learned a lot about myself during this trip. For example, I don't give myself enough travel credit. I've always felt I am an anxious traveler, someone who would fly into full blown panic attack when it comes to a day +of planes, trains, busses and ferries but the truth is I'm probably just like everyone else. Some ways of travel are preferred over others (not loving the high speed ferries, without Dramamine i feel like I'm on a fair ride) but quite frankly unless I can find a way to re-create Docs time machine, it is what it is. It really is just a matter of trying to live in the present as much as possible or to let your mind daydream about a time when the uncomfortable moment you're in will pass. Oh, and a lot of book reading :) Lazy night in /balcony breezin tonight ....Antio! 

Now would be a good time to confess that not only am i challenged at Math, Geography is my second weak spot. Lol! I swear i graduated with honors (somehow) from OSU but i was the studier who crammed, took the test & slowly forgot most, unfortunately. Which is another reason why i journal and make detailed note to location & places. Poor Blair fills in most of my recall blanks when i'm telling stories regarding places and names; instead of The Notebook (love story where he reads his wife the story of their life together) he'll have to saddle up with me someday re-reading me the story of ours. When it comes to English, Lit, Languages and creative courses, Im good to go. I point out these flaws as it should be noted that I was looking at a map of Greece this a.m curious of our next two destinations direction to Naxos and saw that this glorious water I've mistaken for The Mediterranean all these years are really The  Sea of Crete & Aegean Sea! Pah! Either or, it's clear straight to the bottom and an incredible shade of teal. 
Last night was a perfect lazy night in on the patio with another stunning sunset. I was able to share the view via FaceTime with my Mom & Sister, hey I'm not stingy, if you have an iPad or iPhone & want to peek at the view, feel free to call :) I really wish all my loved ones were here to see the sights. I'd recommend the same route and places to stay to anyone looking to come this way. It's truly paradise. I'm so blessed to be witnessing all of this beauty & wish I could bottle it up and bring it home to Ohio with me. Which is exactly why I take so many pictures, add a photo book to our 'Notebook' of a story because this visual learner will need that for memory too! Poor poor Blair... Lol! Poor sap had no idea what he was getting into. 
Naxos is sporty and filled with young (as well as older) fit people  and is much more active then Paros. Where it lacks in charm factor from Paros, it fills it's void with breathtaking mountain views, great beaches and wind surfing. We walked the beach last evening (sunset is around 8p here) and people are in the water at all hours. It looks like a scene from Bonnaroo, nude bodies all cuddled up or people rubbing each other as if they're on estacy! Luckily, per noted above, they are all beautifully built ... We must look like siblings vs lovers with our public PG -13 display of affections, ha! We are touchy but let's just say nothing can compete with the French. Maybe we'll step up our game today ;) 
We leave tomorrow at noon for a three hour ferry to Santorini where we'll be staying in a cliff, what that island is known for, for three nights. I've yet to have my spa day, which the Greeks dont really focused on, poor women don't know what they're missing, so I'm hoping Santorini has a different idea/take on this. Otherwise, it gives me much to look forward to with our three day stay in Istanbul; Turkish baths in mass quantities please! Momma needs a rub down. Antio for now; more updates in Santorini! Off to soak up our last day in Naxos...game on French folk! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment