Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Travel woes

So I'm sitting here stuck in D.C airport after my flight got cancelled lastnight & is now 4.5 hours delayed because the flight crew is now held up in Baltimore due to weather. Sighhh. Luckily I'm loaded up with PLENTY to do as I'm en route to training in PA, but more importantly we leave Sunday for our dream vaca to Greece & Turkey for two weeks so I can't complain too much. I'm not a huge fan of being stuck on a germ tube airplane period, let alone for 10.5 hours from NYC-Athens so this delay today helps to prepare me for the lack of control I have while traveling, today as well as over the pond; it's a work in progress for me :)

Blogging from my iPhone because my iPad isn't bringing up wireless signal makes me giggle... I mean how can one really hate traveling when next to books, mags, iPad books & mags (nook, newsstand), I have HBOGo, movies, work to catch up on and every other entertainment/distraction tool known to man. Oh, and xanex if things really take a turn for the worse! Ha! I have to say as pathetic as it is, I'm going to miss my fur babies the most. Which is EXACTLY why we are making ourselves book this dream trip now, before life continues to pile up or kids come onto the scene, etc. as it would continue to be just that... A dream.

My grandmother's deceased sister, Aunt Mardell and I used to daydream together about Greece, for whatever reason we've always felt fondly about going, our #1 on our Bucket List. We'd talk about floating all day in the Meditteranean and cliff diving, riding mopeds around the islands and dining in restaurants tucked away in cliffs in Santorini. Aunt Mardell never got to go to Greece as she was hit pretty hard with breast cancer almost four years ago & although she beat the cancer the chemo took her life in the end. I know she's in a far better place now than Greece but I can't wait to take her with me in spirit. I have a feeling her & I will connect over there on multiple occasions; I know she'll be there ready to lead me to all of her favorite spots she's already discovered. She'll be there in spirit! She's motivated me (and Blair) to jump already and to stop delaying this adventure any longer... 6 days away! Eeeekkkk! :)

If not now, then when?

Xo,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment