Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Santorini continued...

My. body. hurts. Biggest waste of massage Euro today as only hours later my sandal decides to slide down a staircase, cement might I add, on the side of the mountain whilst entering our dinner venue. Ummm yes. Not my finest moment. Lets just say we didnt eat dinner there. A very nice German in her best attempt to help yelled 'Get ice put on it make better'. I'm  not quite sure how my left hip is going to feel in the morning and I'm not looking forward to it. In all honesty it could have played out much worse, and if not for my 16 years of nearly breaking my neck as a gymnast and 7 more in Cheerleading, I wouldn't have had the cat like fall reflexes to catch myself strategically and not break bones. I did however break ego for a hot minute. 

Aug 21
Last night here in Santorini after a day on a catamaran. We had a great time and it was exactly what the doctor ordered, although now I'm dehydrated a bit and my skin is as sun scorched as it has been since Hawaii trip, 2001.  We saw the red and black beaches and got to do some cliff diving. I thought  it would be impossible to relax as much as we have been but I'm starting to get to the point in the trip that the relaxation is having the opposite effect and making me anxious. Probably because I know just how much work I have ahead of me as I haven't even been home for three weeks now (a week before this trip I was on a work trip in Pa). Putting that out of my mind is becoming harder and harder. I'm looking forward to seeing my fur babies and things like that but will continue to enjoy our vacation of course. Exciting things ahead in Istanbul! In spite of the recent car bomb near Syria that went off & the fact that we hear women are treated quite differently there (tourist or local), there are always risks wherever you live; we'll travel as safely as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment