Well, 8/11 sure came fast!! After a quick girls get away in ATX last weekend where we soaked up girl sesh, wine tours in Hill Country, pool days and evenings eating fab TexMex, I AM READY TO GET THIS PARTY STARTED! I feel so refreshed and renewed and just... excited for this. Nervous, and anxious of course but I'm working on seeing those as mere emotions blowing through me like the wind that I'm only observing and not experiencing. A back seat to the chaos if you will. Call me crazy but it really works for me.
Austin fun!
I went in for my Day 3 U/S yesterday fully prepared and ready to handle whatever came my way and only heard "Your ovaries look young, fantastic & we are ready to go"! Well, I've never felt more flattered, thank you doc. So I was sent on my way! Last night as I was mixing my Menopur and Gonal F for the first time I noticed that the needle I was mixing with that was connected to the syringe was a 20G needle (ouch) and that there wasn't any small needles like the Gonal F needle (30G) that I used last month to administer the FSH. The med was already mixed in the syringe and ready to go & I thought "oh well, I guess this is the size I have to use tonight". As I went to put it in my lower belly to inject, the needle literally pinged off of me and didn't even come close to penetrating me. I immediately panicked. I mean, this syringe is loaded with like $2,000 worth of meds we pay out of pocket for & I'll be DAMNED if something goes wrong at 9p at night using a time sensitive drug that can throw off the entire course of this cycle. So, I called the nurses line and the nurse confirmed that my pharmacy should have mailed me 30G needles to use but that there's no time to alter that now & that I'm going to have to use some elbow grease to get it in subcutaneously. God love her, she was laughing chanting "abs of steal baby" while telling me to put the phone down and that she'd be there with me through it. Poor Blair was standing next to me starring wide eyed in horror, incapable of inflicting the pain on me when he saw it ping off me the first time. He pulled up Braveheart on YouTube in a last ditch effort to motivate. The scene was the one where he's in the forest stabbed by a sword in the gut. Lol!! A for effort. In the end, I somehow jammed what needle is used to start an IV into my lower abdomen. Lets just say it didn't feel good, I'm bruised, and I have to do it one more time tonight before I get insulin needles to use from the doc office tomorrow. Rule # 1 of IVF people: When your med box comes filled with everything you need for your treatment, LOOK FOR 30G NEEDLES!! Trust me, you'll thank me later. Sweet Lord. Gotta love nurses who are actually there for you at 9p to make you laugh and cheer you on though.
I have a good feeling that this IVF process is going to be smoother sailing than the past year of IUI's. Aug 2013 to Aug 2014 has provided me with so many soul shaping, life changing and character building experiences that I truly believe have been laid out to prepare me for this very moment. Clear for take off folks.
xoxo,
Andi





No comments:
Post a Comment