Now that I've made it to the other side of Egg Retrieval, I just want to take a moment to list the things that NOBODY tells you about what's going to happen post retrieval & how you'll REALLY feel. Ffffffff....
1. You will be more constipated than you've ever been in your life.
Start taking Colace days BEFORE retrieval. I haven't had, ehhmm, "success" yet with my upped fiber, Colace & mass fluid drinking, but I hear when I do finally do make it to the Loo, it will be the worst experience of my life. "Imagine your vagina falling out of your body" was what one friend told me. Fun! Cant wait!
2. "Your ovaries will be sore".
Misconception people. Truth is, they will feel like grapefruits that have Charlie Horses shooting through them. It hurts to roll over, stand up straight and walk when you have a grapefruit in your body sloshing around in anger. Keep in mind they poked and prodded around in there for 15-30 mins, your ovaries won't be just sore, they will HATE YOU. You will be more sore than the lame Tylenol you are allowed to take will warrant.
3. Fluids, fluids and MORE fluids.
G2, Coconut Water, Water. I could literally have filled the deep end of a pool in fluids that I've drank the past 6 days & I'm still going strong {I was told fluids help increase chances of implantation, so at least it isn't all for nothing}! It does help drain everything and make you feel a bit better in the bloat department though so that's a plus.
4. The Progesterone in Oil shots Intramuscular? I cant even describe the pain ya'll.
All of the injections, meds, retrieval, grapefruit ovary pain, etc- none of it adds up to these shots. This is def the worst part of IVF. Blair has to inject this thick oil intramuscular every morning for the next month +. Think your sorest workout (the pain/ache that is so bad you can't roll over, sit or walk up stairs? Yea, that one). Where it hurts so good/bad to massage that you could gag/cry/orgasm? That's the only way to describe it. It's hands down been the worst part of this entire experience. On top of the pain and soreness in my butt & hips, he leaves the house at 4:45am so that's when I have to get up to take it. Doesn't get much worse than that folks!! Well, the other option is vaginal suppositories which you have to wear a pad with b/c of all the mess that comes out-- so maybe that's worse--but honestly, I'm not sure. I may gladly trade these PIO shots in for those.
5. Day 2 Post Retrieval will be the worst day (yesterday for me).
I figured right after retrieval or even the next day would be the most sore but for me, that was yesterday. Maybe it's because I wasn't posted up resting like I should have been the day after ER b/c I felt well, but I paid for it yesterday. So don't panic and look up everything you can find on Google search regarding IVF experiences that will only make you MORE anxious like I did. Just know that it's normal to feel worse a few days after before you feel better. Luckily I woke up feeling much better today.
Next to that, I feel FANTASTIC! :) Hey-- I can't always be a ray of sunshine about this process. It's hands down the hardest thing I've ever gone through & I will happily put this experience in my 'ERASE FROM MEMORY' file. I give so much credit to women who actually go through IVF cycles multiple times to conceive. I'm strong, but I'm not that strong. Those out there who've done this over & over? You're truly my heroes. I can't even imagine. {shudders}
Because somehow.... YOU CAN, and YOU DO!
xoxo,
Andi


No comments:
Post a Comment