Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

IVF & PREGNANCY PLAYLISTS + UPDATE

Update: All is good friends, follicles are growing nicely {and plentiful, Lord help me from OHSS} and I have an expected date of retrieval being this Saturday! During the IVF class we joined when first beginning this journey the doc made a joke stating something to the effect of  "just don't be the ones that have to come in on the weekend b/c Anesthesia hates that" at which point I mumbled to Blair "oh great, that'll be me you just wait". Ummmm....woops! No egg is retrieved before it's ready folks. So sorry docs & CRNA's, you make a crap ton of money & you'll get over having to come in for an hour on a Saturday. K, thanks :)  The ER is the part I'm dreading the most even though I hear from friends and family who've gone through this that it's not as terrible as one would think. I'm not sure how legs up in surgery while a catheter is inserted into your uterus and two needles penetrate your ovaries that withdraw your eggs out for 20 mins isn't as terrible as one would think, but far be it from me to decide for all right?  Discomfort for 24 hours to follow the procedure but nothing debilitating in regards to pain control so I hope my experience is the same as theirs. I'm a control freak, so even conscious sedation (Versed + Fentanyl)  freaks me out. Working in pre-op with Anesthesia leaves me with a new hilarious story to bring home on the reg about the things people say and do under conscious sedation so perhaps I know too much. Seriously though, I don't trust what I'll say and do with my legs in the air for all to see while on drugs. Yikes! This too shall pass......

On another note, I reached out to my bestie Steph to help me brainstorm a playlist for the rest of this journey  {she used to send me mix CD's in the mail on the reg that were all the rage on my Road Warrior long drive days}. The meds take you on many ups and downs throughout the day so I needed a list to keep me in my "right mind" & to prep me on the ride to the egg retrieval where I know I'll be a panicked puss. Something to have to jam out to while waiting on the report two days following {which tells us what the embryo quality resulted in} the transfer, and the LONG nerve-wracking two week wait. This is just the thing. We put together a killer playlist so I thought I'd share it. It's sure to bring anyone strength & motivation to keep pushing forward through whatever they may be struggling with. We also put together a sweet tear jerker of a playlist for you preggo's out there in hopes that I'll be switching over to that playlist to follow! If you're in either category, take these for a test drive. Your welcome.....and feel free to comment & add to the list. Thanks!


"BREW THAT BABY" playlist    #forthosestruggling
{because she always has great CD titles} 

·  Sara Bareilles-  Brave
·  Pink- Try 
· David Guetta- Titanium 
· Journey- Don't Stop Believin'
·  Ingrid Michaelson - Be Ok
· Diana Ross - Aint No Mountain
·Tom Petty - I Wont Back Down
 · Jordan Sparks - Battlefield
·  Wilson Phillips - Hold On
· Miley Cyrus - The Climb
·   Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
·  Elton John- I’m Still Standing
·  Destiny's Child- Survivor
·  Kanye West- Stronger
· Michael Buble- Haven’t Met You Yet
· Jordin Sparks- One Step At A Time
·   Des-ree- You Gotta Be
· Christina -Fighter
· Avril- Keep Holding On
·  Carrie Underwood- Jesus Take The Wheel
· Kellie Coffey- I Would Die For That
·  Celine Dion- A New Day
· Jason Mraz- I Wont Give Up




"MADE IT THROUGH THIS" playlist  #forthosepreggo
{for when I get to the other side}

· Christina Perry - A Thousand Years {I sing this one to myself daily}
· Colbie Callait- Capri
·George Strait- I Saw God Today
· Elton John- Blessed
·  Marc Cohn- The Things We've Been Handed own
·Ingrid Michaelson- Cant Help Falling In Love
· Christina Perry- Arms
· Aaron Lines- I Havent Even Heard You Cry
· Brittany Spears- My Baby 








xo,
 Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment