Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

IVF Egg Retrieval Update

Saturday was the ER and I have to say, it went better than anticipated. I have always had anxiety about anesthesia, however I now love Fentanyl + Versed with a splash of Propofol. Best shiz ever!! I hate to feel out of control and all drooling on myself, which is what I expected would happen as it did after my tonsils and wisdom teeth. I got to the clinic and got all dressed in my hot gown to head into pre-op, and when they took my BP it was 164/90. Ummmm... insert cocktail immediately. HA! I remember talking shop with the pre-op nurse for a hot min but don't recall much else until I saw Dr. H in the procedure room. Blair said I was talking to everyone just fine and even accurately gave my height and weight {damn truth serum in front of my husband} while adding in a dash of personality stating "although I'm SURE at least 8 lbs of that are these 30 some eggs". I remember Dr. H coming to get me & that I assisted them in scooting myself over to the table then the next thing I remember were the stirrups going on my legs & Dr. H puting oxygen over my face while telling me to "have fun on the beach with my mai tai". That i did folks!! I woke up calm (for once) and proceeded to "see" two of my favorite nurses who stopped in to check up on me {no idea this happened until today when one called to follow up}. She said I was talking normal to her about work & such {gah, do I ever NOT work?!} and said repeatedly how much I loved her. I think what I meant was "I love this cocktail", but whatever. I do love her too. 

I sat in pre-op for a hot min & kept looking at the clock (it was 10:30) wondering why I was still there since my procedure was at 7:30. I was shaky and my blood sugar levels were low but when I came back from la la land and was in somewhat of a normal state, the pre-op nurse told me it took them awhile to get me to wake up after the procedure. Clearly I was having too much fun on the beach with my mai tai!!! :)

My gf Meghan & I were only scheduled an hour apart from each other {the friend in Texas going through this cycle at the exact same time} and we tried to lighten the mood by sharing our pre-op  pictures before going under. It's obvious she was having no problems looking forward to her drugs! 

My "Dont make me do it" face....

I think she may have already had her cocktail here-- HA!!

The progesterone in oil shots I have to have Blair give me every morning following retrieval  have honestly been the worst part of all. Crazy right? Intramuscular shots in your arse are NOT COOL. I was up all night in pain with a hot pack on my butt with what feels like the hardest workout/soreness you've ever had partnered with charlie horses in your muscle. It is TERRIBLE. I have no idea how I'm going to do these every morning for the next 35+ days. Lord make it stop!


Our Embryologist report yesterday was great so now we just wait until Tues to see how these embabies are looking, at which point we'll schedule a transfer! I'm probably going to keep mums the word from here on out as I'm not quite sure who reads this blog these days.  Mom, if you're out there in the blogsphere being nosey and you know what I've been going through this far without telling us? Well, that stops here.  I don't think she reads this blog anymore which is why I've been so forth coming to this point, but just in case. We've kept this IVF portion of the journey from my parents just to be able to bring an element of surprise the day that we finally conceive.  I appreciate all the prayers and support from everyone more than you'll ever know. So please keep them coming and stay tuned for an update a few weeks from now :) Here's to hoping this will alllll be worth it VERY soon!




xo,
Andi 

No comments:

Post a Comment